We made ice cream today

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
paliz

We made ice cream today

Post by paliz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:23 am

And my son really enjoyed it. It was quite easy and since it didn't take long he didn't lose interest. Great "science" activity Carrie.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

I remember making ice cream last year... MMMM! That was a favorite activity of my son's! So glad your honey enjoyed it!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:42 pm

paliz,

I'm so glad you liked it! :D I remember when we tried it out when I was first writing the experiment (as we didn't want to use dry ice and most call for that when making homemade ice cream). After several test versions, my kiddos still loved making it so much that we made it again for dessert for supper that night!

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
Carrie

netpea

Re: We made ice cream today

Post by netpea » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:31 pm

paliz wrote:And my son really enjoyed it. It was quite easy and since it didn't take long he didn't lose interest. Great "science" activity Carrie.
What Unit is the Ice Cream in? :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:53 pm

Yeah my kids are bugging me to know now! :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

paliz

Post by paliz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:05 am

It unit 15 day 2 of Beyond.