Book Projects to send home

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mansmom

Book Projects to send home

Post by mansmom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 pm

I tried to search to see if this had been answered, but I couldn't find it...so I'm sorry if I'm asking again.

A friend of mine just mentioned that Book Projects to Send Home Grade 4 and Grade 5 are now out of print. We are only using Grade 2 now but these are my dd favorite activities. So my question is, is Carrie going to suggest something else in place of these two books or what are others doing about this?

Thanks!
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

my3sons

Re: Book Projects to send home

Post by my3sons » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 pm

mansmom wrote:I tried to search to see if this had been answered, but I couldn't find it...so I'm sorry if I'm asking again.

A friend of mine just mentioned that Book Projects to Send Home Grade 4 and Grade 5 are now out of print. We are only using Grade 2 now but these are my dd favorite activities. So my question is, is Carrie going to suggest something else in place of these two books or what are others doing about this?

Thanks!
We love these books as well. The answer is "yes" though; Carrie will have a replacement when their stock runs out. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Joy,

We've enjoyed these books immensely as well and are still in search of a good substitute, which is proving harder to find than I'd like! :D Right now, we still have stock of the grade 2 Book Projects, and the Level 4 and 5 Book Projects have just recently gone out of stock this past month for us. :D So, the search continues.

Blessedly, there are still two other project options at the end of each genre in the DITHR Teacher's Guide, so the program still functions well without the Book Projects. We'll let you ladies know when we've found an excellent replacement. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Cynthia828

Post by Cynthia828 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Legally, is it illegal to make a copy of things that go out of print?