Introduction from My3Sons

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

Introduction from My3Sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:53 pm

Hi Everyone!

How are all you fellow homeschool moms doing? It's almost Friday gals - so hang in there! I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Julie Grosz (My3Sons), and I live in South Dakota. I have been married to Rich for 12 years, and we have (bet you can guess this one)... 3 sons! They are Wyatt (7 1/2), Riley (4 1/2), and Emmett (6 mos.). They keep me on my toes (or down on my knees in prayer... one of the two). You can see by my tag at the bottom of this message which Heart of Dakota curriculums I've used (yes, all of them!).

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the curriculums, and if you look closely, you will see my name on the inside cover of each of Carrie's books. That's because I am Carrie's editor, and more importantly her loving little sis'! So, if there are editing errors in the books, I sheepishly confess that they are all my fault. I try my best gals, but I must say, I am certainly not perfect. That being said, you have my apologies, right up front, for any mistakes you find.

Before I became a happy homeschool mom, I used to teach in public school... which seems like an age ago. I got my masters degree in education and had my first baby shortly after that. There was a tug-of-war going on between my career and my Baby Wyatt, and I am very pleased to tell you that Baby Wyatt won hands-down! I have never looked back with regret on the decision to homeschool; it is the best decision I have ever made.

Carrie's curriculum has been such a blessing to me and my family. I didn't just use Carrie's products without thoroughly researching other curriculums. She is my sister, and I love her dearly, but homeschooling my children in the best way possible is MY responsibility. I don't use Carrie's curriculum because she is my sister; I use Carrie's curriculum because I simply think it is the best.

If you've had the pleasure of speaking with Mike or Carrie, either on the phone or at a book fair, you know their hearts are in this for the right reasons. Their first love in life is for the Lord God Almighty, and Heart of Dakota grew from that love. On any given day, they are experiencing the joys and the pains of homeschooling their children, just like we are. I think that helps keep Carrie in touch with what the average busy homeschool mom is going through and is needing to be able to continue having the energy and the heart to homeschool.

This board is going to be such a blessing. I can't wait to get to know all of you! Let's get together here often, o.k.? I sure could use more "sisters" in homeschooling, and I bet you could too. I'll meet ya at the board, whenever you've got time... and whenever Baby Emmett's asleep!

Love in Christ,
Julie Grosz (My3Sons)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Nice to 'meet' you Julie! Your bubbly personality came through in your post! I, too, taught in ps (9 yrs. in first grade) and when I had my twins, they had to go to daycare for me to finish out that year. I was unsure about what I was going to do, but after 1 week in daycare, I went into the principal's office and told him how sorry I was that he would need to start looking for a new teacher for next year! :wink: He just smiled and said I was doing the right thing.

I was kinda anti-homeschooling back during those ps days :oops: . Now, I spread the word and try to convince everyone I know! We also are spreading the word about Heart of Dakota products!

See ya on the boards, Melanie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi Melanie! Nice to meet you - how blessed your twins are that you made the decision to homeschool them! I'm also impressed at your principal's reaction about your decision to homeschool (not always the case in these situations). I'm glad you're spreading the word about Heart of Dakota, and hope you're having a good weekend!

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie