Accountable Kids

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shaybird

Accountable Kids

Post by shaybird » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:17 am

Some of you may enjoy this program as much in your family. Has transformed our home with chores, school, everything... Much more peaceful and I highly recommend it. My sister bought the book and made her own board and cards to save money. Great idea, but you do need the book to really implement the whole system including encouraging good character traits. It's wonderful!! HTH.
Blessings,
Sharyn
It also helps with the workbox idea.

dale1088

Re: Accountable Kids

Post by dale1088 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:30 am

Cool, I'll check it out!
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

merchi

Re: Accountable Kids

Post by merchi » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 am

I also have this program and use it with my ds5 and dd6. Our morning routine is now so smooth! They automatically get up, dressed, & make bed before coming to the table for breakfast! It is wonderful to go "check" their bedrooms, and find them neat and orderly.
We are beginning to implement the "bonus bucks" now, and that is going very well. I am so pleased with my purchase! I recommend this program as a way to make kids accountable, responsible and orderly/organized.

We haven't used this system for school yet, as we are going to try workboxes...
Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen
Wife to Patrick, mom to Jessica, Joshua, Alyssa, Jordan, Josiah <--- all graduated
Bethany (WG) and Benjamin (Rev2Ref)
Grandmom to Gabrielle, Isabella, Gianna and Joe-Joe.