Combining and English ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
WigglesMom

Combining and English ?

Post by WigglesMom » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:12 pm

dd7 is doing LHFHG left side and storytime with ds6 and BHFHG cursive, dictation, english2, and singapore 2a/2b right now. She is doing English and dictation with dd8. The girls don't mesh well for school to say the least. I would like to get dd7 and ds6 doing English together. If I continue with her with R&S, they will never be on the same page in English. I am thinking about finishing R&S 2 this year and then for BLHFHG having dd7 and ds6 do either First Language Lessons or Language Lessons for the Very Young. Then when they get to BHFHG doing R&S 3 together.
Does this sound like a good plan? And which would you use First Language Lessons or LL for the very young? I love R&S, but I really want to get them together and that won't happen if I continue with dd7 moving forward with R&S.
Val