emerging readers . .

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
homeschool mom

emerging readers . .

Post by homeschool mom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm

I love the questions in Beyond for the read alouds & the emerging readers. They are based on the levels in Bloom's Taxonomy. Are they used after the emerging readers ?
Blessings,
Ginger

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Ginger,

Sorry this thread got buried in the board! I'm so glad you are enjoying the questions that go along with the Emerging Readers and the read-alouds in "Beyond...".

We do include questions for the read-alouds in "Bigger..." as well. Drawn into the Heart of Reading also uses Bloom's Taxonomy for its questions and that becomes the literature (or readers) portion of the program once your kiddos are done with the Emerging Reader's Set. So, you're covered! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Ginger,
We love the questions in Bigger... and DITHOR! Prior to my HOD days, I used to try to think of questions myself. Sad to say they were all quite the same after awhile - What did you like best? Can you give a summary of...? How are you like the character? How are you different? Then... What did you like best? Can you give a summary of...? How are you like - well, you get the picture, and it's not a pretty one. :oops:

I'm so thankful for those wonderful questions Carrie writes, especially on the days after a night my dear baby did not sleep. I'd still be on my tiny little rotation of questions otherwise, and my poor older children would probably be snoring right through them!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie