So impressed with the Bible in Preparing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom25

So impressed with the Bible in Preparing

Post by Mom25 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 pm

We are on week 33 of Preparing Hearts (almost done!), and I was struck today, again, about how well my kids are learning to apply God's Word to life and their studies.

They've been independently reading a book about Albert Einstein (which is really great, by the way), and today read a chapter about how Albert's family used to play a "geometry game" by pointing out things in the house or in nature that had geometric shapes/principles. Anyway, as a conclusion to their reading, they had to read Romans 1:20, which points out that our world is so complex that no one but God could've engineered it. It just tied in so beautifully--and what an important truth for them to learn early!

It has been a wonderful year, full of great readings, discussion and growing independence. Those of you planning on doing PHFHG are in for a great year. Thank you, Carrie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

my3sons

Re: So impressed with the Bible in Preparing

Post by my3sons » Sat May 30, 2009 9:35 am

We found so many awesome connections such as this in PHFHG. My ds's faith and knowledge of the Bible grew leaps and bounds with PHFHG. Thanks for sharing this - you are so right! :D Now, I can't wait for the Bible quiet time added next year for my ds in CTC. I love to see how this part of HOD matures as dc mature. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it in any other curriculum, and I'm so thankful for it. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat May 30, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm just a step behind you as Grant and I just wrapped up Bigger on Friday. I was just thinking how wonderful our discussions during the Bible time of Bigger have been. I'm so glad to know that it just keeps getting better! :D Praise the Lord! I'm so thankful to have found curriculum that is truly a wonderful aid in pointing my kids to God and His Word!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Mom25,

I'm so glad to hear that your family has been blessed by the the way the Bible is woven throughout Preparing Hearts. It is our continual prayer that the Lord may be glorified throughout our work, and your sharing is an answer to that prayer. :D

Thanks so much for sharing your heart! You really encouraged mine today! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie