Scheduling Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gmhaynes

Scheduling Question

Post by gmhaynes » Thu May 21, 2009 7:31 pm

I am new to homeschooling. We plan on using LHTH (for ds age 3) and LHFHG (for dd age 6) in the fall. I know that the introduction says approximately how much time each days lessons take but does anyone have a breakdown for each activity? Any help would be appreciated. I can't wait to get started!

Mary
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG
ds3 starting LHTH
Deut 6:4-9

happyhomeschooling

Re: Scheduling Question

Post by happyhomeschooling » Fri May 22, 2009 10:01 am

Being that HOD is a Charllote Mason style curriculum, she taught that lessons should be pretty short for elementary, especially the younger. I believe her philosophy was keeping lessons to around 15 minutes and as they got older to
slowly increase that time. I know the reading lesson only has the dc work for 15 min. a day. From my humble
experience that is what I know. Maybe someone with more will chime in. Hope this helps. Blessings!
Wife to my best freind for 21 yrs. Mama to Stephaney, Elizabeth, and Victoria who are home with the Lord. Blessed with my Destiney 7, currently using BLHFHG

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Fri May 22, 2009 1:02 pm

LHTH I would say 5-10 minutes tops on each box. We are done in 30 min. if I have a tray with whatever art supplies or general items that are needed if they are needed that day. Sometimes my little one loves an activity so much he won't want to leave it (dramatic play mostly). He is 2 1/2 and I am doing it M,W,F with the younger options and we will go back with the older options again.
LHFHG is a little bit longer. I would say 10-15 minutes depending on the day and activities involved. We are afterschooling with it right now and I would say some days we finish 30-40 minutes some days it takes us an hour.
Hope this helps.
Val

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun May 24, 2009 9:44 am

Mary,

The ladies are doing a great job of answering your questions! I'll just chime in to say that each box in LHTH takes 5-7 minutes, the left side of LHFHG takes around 30 minutes,and the 4 boxes on the right side of LHFHG take about 15 minutes each. Thus, LHTH takes 30 minutes a day and LHFHG takes 90 min. a day. :D

We pray you'll enjoy LHTH and LHFHG as much as we do! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

gmhaynes

Post by gmhaynes » Sun May 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Thank you so much! That really helps.

Mary
Wife to Guy for 13 years
dd9 in Preparing
ds7 in Beyond
ds5 in LHFHG