OT.. Prayer Request..Please Pray

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kayben

OT.. Prayer Request..Please Pray

Post by kayben » Mon May 11, 2009 7:01 am

I have found in such a short time that if anything.. the ladies here trust the Lord and pray. I am miscarrying. This is a first for me and we were keeping this pregnancy a secret until we found out what we were having, so at least we won't have to make a lot of calls. But my dd 12 was in on the secret and is so sad. I had heavy bleeding all day yesterday and I am calling my doctor in two minutes when it opens. I called yesterday and she said to come in this morning or go to the er if it got worse yesterday. It seemed to just stay the same , so instead of Mother's day in the ER and everyone in my family asking questions. I am going to see what happens today. Please pray as I have read of some miracles where women had heavy bleeding and still kept the baby. I have had no cramping, but am only 5 weeks 3 days. So we shall see. Thank you all ...
Rebecca
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

dale1088

Re: OT.. Prayer Request..Please Pray

Post by dale1088 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 am

Oh, Rebecca, I am so sorry! We just can't know God's will in these times, it's beyond our understanding. I will be praying.

I had two mc's in between my dd and my ds and it was a heart-wrenching time for us. Somehow I look back now and think it had to be that way or I may never have had the precious gift that is my son, but I don't pretend to know these things.

{{HUGS}} to you and your family. I hope you can help your dd to come to an understanding of how/why these things happen.
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

kayben

Post by kayben » Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 am

Thank you Amy,

I am going in for bloodwork this morning and I have an appointment with the dr at 2:00. I will be praying all day. But I took another test and now it is really faint. Last week the lines were dark... We certainly have to trust in the Lord only he knows the reasons for some things in our lives. Thank you

Rebecca
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Mon May 11, 2009 7:51 am

Rebecca,
My heart goes out to you this morning! I have no idea how you feel. I will pray that God will wrap His arms around you during this time! I will pray for your family, especially your dd. She is at such a tender "womanly" age!!

In Christian love,

happy@home
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

WigglesMom

Post by WigglesMom » Mon May 11, 2009 8:08 am

You and your family are in my prayers.
Val

kayben

Post by kayben » Mon May 11, 2009 8:09 am

Thank you all for your kind replys and your prayers. I am heading out for the day as I will have to be about 45 minutes away and won't come home in between. I will check back in with you later. I think I will bring my HOD catalog to keep me company...Thinking about good things can make the time go by a little easier.

Rebecca
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 am

I'm praying for you.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 am

Oh Rebecca.I am praying
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 am

Rebecca, I'm praying for you. Your post brings many tears to my eyes. I did have early bleeding with one of my children and everything worked out fine. But, I've also experienced pregnancy loss.
Praying in the Name Above All Names...
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Mon May 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Rebecca i am hoping that you get a good verdict from the doctor's office. Praying peace for you and your daughter should you indeed be miscarrying.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

kayben

Post by kayben » Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 pm

So, thank you all for praying. I have sad news. I had a miscarriage yesterday and now just have to wait it out. I will go back next week to make sure all is naturally taken care of. I am certainly sad, but know in my heart that The Lord knows better than I. But in my mother's heart, I am full of sadness. Thank you again and I will check in soon as I get back on track to plan for the fall.

Rebecca
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Praying for you, too, Rebecca. :cry: I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying that you'll experience the comfort that only the "God of all comfort" can give.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon May 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I have been through this many times and know how hard it can be emotionally and physically. If you have any questions about the physical aspects or anything else, or just want to talk about it, feel free to PM me. I'm no expert but 5 losses puts me unfortunately in a well-educated position.

Just a quick word of advice, many women are ready to get preg again right away and others want to absolutely avoid it...so just keep in mind you are very fertile after a loss. I know they say to wait a while, but a midwife will tell you differently--something about your hormone levels are already elevated and better able to support an early pregnancy (if low levels is what caused the loss). I m/c around 5 weeks then found out 3 weeks later I was already pg again.That 2nd pregnancy is a happy and wild 2.5yo boy now :wink: So depending on what you feel you are ready or not ready for, it's something to keep in mind.

I'll pray for peace for you and all your family. My heart breaks for you but I know God is right there with you.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Rebecca,

My heart is so heavy for you now. I've been through this as well, and I so understand what you mean when you say you know the Lord knows best, but your mother's heart is hurting. That is so true - may God be honored by your faithful response to Him, and may your mother's heart be comforted with the peace that only God can give. I pray for healing for your heart, spirit, and body, Rebecca.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Rebecca, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....we will be praying for a miracle.

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!