OT: URGENT Prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
WigglesMom

Re: OT: URGENT Prayer Request

Post by WigglesMom » Tue May 05, 2009 11:46 am

I am hoping and praying that all is okay and that it is needless worry. I have been in your shoes. It is very hard to go through a pregnancy after a loss or after losses. It is hard not to think and worry and second guess all of the feelings and your emotions are high and hormones are high. I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers. I wish their was more I could say and more I could do. If you want to talk, you can pm me.
Val

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Miracles do happen! Got in this AM and doctor says everything looks and feels like I'm about 9-10 weeks (I'm 9w4d), then he didn't do an ultrasound but thought just maybe the regular heartbeat monitor would work-- saying if he finds a heartbeat, I should know I'm in the clear most likely...and there it was. A beautiful, healthy heartbeat!!! We are all so thrilled and I go back in 4 weeks for a regular appt. :)
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Tue May 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Yay!!!!!!!! I am so glad things are looking great. Rest as much as you can. :D
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Tue May 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!! I just got on to see if you had posted an update. We serve an awesome God! I am so thankful for you! Praise God for a wonderful answer to prayer this morning!

Blessings!
Lynn
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue May 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Forgot to mention too that dh's aunt that lives close (I didn't know they lived 5 minutes away!) called this morning to ask if she could help out. So she went with us and sat with the kids, I took my laptop and got them a RedBox movie to watch, then she took us to lunch at BK and let the kids play. I just really love my doctor too..he's Christian and incredible, no fits that I'm a VBAC (I had to fight for the last one), and very compassionate. I called a doula service today too and they are providing us with TWO student doulas for FREE! I love having a doula :D and now I'll have 2! God's hand is in this in so many ways. I'm seeing so many answered prayers.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Tue May 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Wow! What wonderful news. I bet you'll sleep well tonight!
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

RachelB

Post by RachelB » Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Tamara, what a wonderful blessing and answer to prayer. Rejoicing with you today! :D
Rachel

mommy to
Kailee - 12
Gracie - 8
Kaden - 7
Mollie - 3
Brynlee - 5 months

2 ^^ in heaven
happily married to Brian for 12 years

2014- 2015 - Using RevtoRev, Preparing, Beyond & maybe LHTH!

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 pm

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! \o/

I got on here just now to check if you posted, and was half afraid to look. We do serve a wonderful and loving Father!!! :D

I'll continue to pray that the little bug stays all snug where he/she belongs till the time is right!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

kayben

Post by kayben » Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Tamara,
I have been off the board. I am sorry that I didn't see this, but am so thrilled for your news. God is amazing!
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue May 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Tamara,

I am praising God with you today! :D He is so faithful through all things. I wanted to encourage you also that I had 3 successful V-BAC deliveries after having my oldest son by C-section, so I know what you mean about desiring a V-BAC. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue May 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Yay, Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you Tamara.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Tue May 05, 2009 8:24 pm

Yay! That is great news. Praise God!
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Tamara - I am praying for you. God is with you always, Tamara - even now - oh I need Thee, oh I need Thee, every hour I need Thee... - I have often sung this song in tears, and felt the closest to God ever in some of the hardest times of my life. Of course, I was many times too stubborn to let God in that deeply at first - sometimes I was just so hurt or upset I couldn't. But once I could reach that point of totally relying on God, a sense of peace washed over me. Not peace that everything would work out the way I wanted, but peace that God would be with me through it because I am a child of God, and that was good enough. This is so true - we need God, and He is with us through it all. I pray for strength in body, mind, and spirit for you. You are a precious lady full of love for God - such a light on this board, Tamara. May He safeguard you and may you feel His steady and powerful presence through all of this.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue May 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Tamara - I'm praising the Lord for your encouraging news! And continuing to pray for you, too.

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

tmcg

Post by tmcg » Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm

I have prayed for you and your little one. May God's hand be upon you and protect you through this situation. With His perfect plan, may His Will be done for you, your family and especially the little life inside you. May the doctors and nurses have wisdom. I pray you will have a peace that surpasses all understanding and the strength you need to sustain you espeically without all your family there with you.

Also, just a reminder....stay well hydrated, as dehydration can lead to pre-term labor. You do not want to complicate matters if at all possible. (Sorry to give unsolicited advice, obviously you will talk to your doctor, but in the meantime sometimes it helps to know you can be doing something good to try and help a situation that is not really in your control. It certainly won't hurt you to be well-hydrated.)

God be with you......
I'll continue to pray and please post us an update when you know more. Hoping this is a false alarm and that you both will be okay.

In Him,
Tammy
Mom to dd, 6, 1st grade, LHFHG
dd, 5, Pre-K, LHTH
ds, 2, Toddler Pre-K, LHTH (he loves the songs)
Wife to Jonathan (12 years in June)