OT: URGENT Prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom2Monkeys

OT: URGENT Prayer Request

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon May 04, 2009 8:49 pm

I am getting lots of plans worked out for this pregnancy that has made it to 9w1d as of today. Much farther than any of those that miscarried and the morning sickness...whew! It's all day and kickin' my rear-- those hormones much be high! Found my doctor, getting a doula picked out, picked the hospital, working out insurance details, etc. But, today I noticed that I'm having some changes in some things that are just TMI to share and I just have this off feeling something is wrong. As of tonight, I am having on and off "tingle" in my lower abdomen that I am afraid might be contractions and being the natural birth/long-time-TTC mom with midwife friends, I know how to check cervical "info" and mine is slightly open. I am hoping that due to my history of having a LEEP procedure done (where they removed some early cancer from my cervix) will be enough to get a cerclage so long as the baby is still fine and I am NOT having contractions. Unfortunately, I think I am though. I will call my doctor in the morning and try to get in asap. Between now and then, please pray for our unborn baby. And beyond that, please pray for my children's hearts-- they will be broken. We have been given time to enjoy this pregnancy-- others I m/c soon after a positive test. I am thankful for that time, but it is bittersweet b/c we have all had time to let it sink in and bond, start sorting through maternity clothes and baby stuff to save together, etc. And me...I so want this baby and I don't know how to get through yet another loss. I don't know how dh will react, he doesn't seem to be affected as much as I am, but men can seem that way. I think he was nervous but quite thrilled with the idea and hopeful for a girl. Things like this will harden him and make him lean towards not wanting to get pregnant again in order to avoid this hurt again-- for me. I'll update as soon as I know something.

PS-- I am in our new home by myself still with 2 of my 3 kids. My dh and middle child are in our old town until dh finishes the semester and will be home late Friday. I'm not sure what I'll do with my children I have when I go to the doc as taking the 2yo with me is going to be a challenge even with the oldest to help. Please pray for that to work out as well...
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

momofone

Re: OT: URGENT Prayer Request

Post by momofone » Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Tamara, I will pray for you and your family! I would help you out with the little one if I lived near you.
Maybe, you could get the kids a special treat and or print out some really cool activity pages or something to ease things up a bit.
I use to keep a grab bag for my son when he was younger that was only for special times like appointments or etc. that helped out tremendously! That way, it was something new to keep him occupied.
Just thought I'd give you some ideas and let you know that I was praying! :wink:
Tina

angela&4boys

Post by angela&4boys » Mon May 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Praying for you Tamara!!!

In Christ Alone,
~Angela~
wife to Greg
Mama to Alex, Aaron, Ben, & Noah
2012-13 Rev to Rev

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon May 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Praying for you Tamara. I am hoping you are just feeling braxton hicks. Yes they can start this early. Take care of yourself and let us know what the Doctor says.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Oh Tamara...my heart and my prayers are going out to you now...

I feel that I do not really have the words to say...but know my prayers are with you,

I hope this passage of God's beautiful word will be a comfort to you now:

"But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.

We wait in hope for the LORD;
he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:18-24

Please know that I am praying for you now, and will continue to pray for you throughout this time.

Love and Prayers
Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon May 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Tamara,

My heart goes out to you. I'm praying for you right now, and I understand the swing of emotion as you think things will be ok...and then wonder if they're not. I'm praying that God blesses you with supernaturally cooperative kids to go to the Dr. with, too. :wink: I've been there as well...and had God answer that prayer for me. The choice of turning them loose on the farm or taking them with me... As tempting as the farm option sounded, it really wasn't a wise idea. :lol: I'm sure it's so hard being in a new place and not having a chance to get to know anyone yet.

Love in Christ,
Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Mon May 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for your encouraging words. My faith and hope remains strong, as well as my knowledge that God is in control and it's all planned out. He has a plan for me and for this baby. I hope it includes my getting to hold her/him in my arms but if not, I'll be hurt but know it's all part of that plan.

I am starting to have some aches and "pressure" I guess you could say. So, my mind is battling with knowing the most likely thing that's going on.

I do believe in miracles, I do I do I do. Come to think of it, I bled heavily with my now 2yo and they said I m/c him then there he was 2 weeks later! Hmm...I'm hopeful. But sleepy and need to try to get in touch with dh again.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Lynnw

Post by Lynnw » Tue May 05, 2009 4:56 am

Tamara,
I'm praying for you - praying that God will give you an early appt. time, that the dr./ultrasound tech will have both understanding and wisdom, and that your dc will be calm and mindful, and that most of all your new precious life is still well and safe, that God both strengthens and softens your dh. Amen.
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Tue May 05, 2009 5:53 am

Praying ((((Tamara))))!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue May 05, 2009 5:56 am

Praying!!!!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 am

Tamara,
I'm sorry you are going through this alone. I will keep you in my thoughts. As for your children, take coloring books, snacks, stop at the dollar store and let them pick new toys to take and play with.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Tue May 05, 2009 7:48 am

Tamara - I will pray for a miracle for you. I hope all is still well with your baby and I wish you didn't have to go through this "alone". Praying peace for you sister.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

we6rblessed

Post by we6rblessed » Tue May 05, 2009 8:23 am

My heart is so heavy for you.
We are praying for a miracle!

~Linda

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Tue May 05, 2009 8:30 am

Praying for you!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

butterfly113

Post by butterfly113 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 am

Call on Him as I know you are, and He will answer. He will hold you in His hands! I am too tired to write out all the details, as I am still recovering... but know He will carry you! I have had quite a few difficult weeks since my surgery and God has been so awesome. I am praying for you and the baby, and the rest of your family as well. As I recover I will be writing to share my wonderful story of His awesome love... in the meantime, I will keep praying for you and complete care and comfort only He can bring! HUGS!!!
Butterfly
Married to Grasshopper for 21 wonderful years.
DS14 Caterpillar - full of life!
http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com