Poll? What does your teachers Manuel look like?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).

Do you mark up/ write in your Teachers Manuel?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Absolutely!
74%
No Way Hosea!
26%

Total votes: 19

MamaMary

Poll? What does your teachers Manuel look like?

Post by MamaMary » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:06 pm

A few of us were talking about this on another thread and I thought it was a fun topic?

What type of homeschooler are you? Do you like to keep your TM's clean OR do you like to mark/highlight/make notes? :?: :D

See Poll :D

Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:56 pm

I am a total Olive and very type A. I would not dream of writing in my TM. :shock: I need to loosen up, I know. I am working on it. :lol:

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:58 pm

IF it's expensive-- I will NOT write in it!

IF it's not expensive AND I only need to use it on one kid-- I WILL write in it!

If I KNOW I need to make it last through all 3 boys, then I be as nice as possible to it.

Candice

Post by Candice » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:14 pm

I completely vandalize mine! Highlighters, crayons, pens. Whatever it takes to get the work done. I do love a brand new manual but, I have to be able to make it mine to make it work.

Candice

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Candice wrote:I completely vandalize mine! Highlighters, crayons, pens. Whatever it takes to get the work done. I do love a brand new manual but, I have to be able to make it mine to make it work.

Candice
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

my2guys

Post by my2guys » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Yep - I mark it up. I did it automatically when I started with LHTH and then after about a week I thought "maybe I shouldn't have done that b/c now I won't be able to sell it when we're done". I worried about it for a day or so, but I got over it fast. :lol:
Sharon
2017-2018
Ben (14yo) 8th with MTMM
and
Sam (12yo) 6th with RTR
Have already used and enjoyed: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR & Rev to Rev

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:55 pm

I check off the boxes and circle things we missed. Other than that I write in other things I have that I think might go well, just name and pages. But now that I did that I just open and go. Sometimes I have stickies about LA and Math just to remind me that I need to do something with one of my kids but that is actually not HOD items. Pretty much every day is a surprise for me. Literally I pretty much don't do any preparation. :lol: I feel weird saying that but I love that you can just open and go so I don't think about it. I have too many other issues with my kids to worry about I guess.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't think I've ever written in a TM....I've never felt the need. :) Mine always look brand new! Which is kind of funny because I am a "Betty".

Allison

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:54 pm

It's funny now that I think about it, but I've never written in any teacher's manual. I do write notes to myself on a separate sheet of paper, and stick it in the book for the upcoming lesson to remind myself of something. I just think the manuals are kind of "off limits" for me to write in. I was never one to write or draw in my textbooks when I was in school, either. I guess it's just a hold-over from years ago, and I can't shake the "Do not make any marks in your books!" threats from the teachers in jr. and high school. :roll:
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:13 pm

What a fun topic! Here I thought I was a Betty, but perhaps I am an Olive in disguise! I don't write in my guides, other than in the Introduction pages where I note the way I am going to organize things (i.e. either in binder or in sketchbook, etc.). I may go crazy every now and then :shock: :lol: , and put a tiny lightly penciled checkmark in the top corner of a guide, if I'm only doing one side of the plans each day, or something totally wild like that - but otherwise, they look as crisp and clean as the day I got them! Perhaps tomorrow I'll live on the wild side and make a mark or two somewhere - just to try it out! :P
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

netpea

I write

Post by netpea » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:58 pm

in my manual. I check off each box and write notes about missed spelling words and note the math assignment since we are doing math out of a different manual. I also note anything we didn't do on the next day's plans so that when I open the book to the next day I go "oh yeah, need to do that".

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:04 am

In pencil, because I might resell it, since I don't have any younger kids
:( Or, I could save it for grandkids....or I could gift it to a new homeschooler... :D
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

paliz

Post by paliz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:40 am

I have marks in mine and for some reason, my cover corners are starting to curl and this is my first year using it. I hope it can make it thourgh the other kids :shock:

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 am

my3sons wrote:What a fun topic! Here I thought I was a Betty, but perhaps I am an Olive in disguise! I don't write in my guides, other than in the Introduction pages where I note the way I am going to organize things (i.e. either in binder or in sketchbook, etc.). I may go crazy every now and then :shock: :lol: , and put a tiny lightly penciled checkmark in the top corner of a guide, if I'm only doing one side of the plans each day, or something totally wild like that - but otherwise, they look as crisp and clean as the day I got them! Perhaps tomorrow I'll live on the wild side and make a mark or two somewhere - just to try it out! :P
Oh I laughed so hard at this!!! Go totally Wild My3sons, make TWO checkmarks in pencil! :lol: :lol: :lol: You are so FUN!

Sharon

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:08 am

Well the Betty part of me completely overpowers the Olive part and writes, highlights, circles, and checks everything in sight!! :shock:
It so funny because I am always in conflict about this, but I do it anyway! :lol:

Blessings,
Sharon