Finished LHFHG bitter sweet

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
happyhomeschooling

Finished LHFHG bitter sweet

Post by happyhomeschooling » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 pm

Well dd finished up in LHFHG today. We worked hard to get it done and then we closed the book, both sat there for a sec looked at each other with a melencoly look and my daughter picked up the teachers manual that has been our companion for a year and hugged and kissed it and said goodbye. :cry:

We could'nt wait to finish, to get the gratfication of accomplishment, but then when we did, we wanted to do it all over agiain! Thank you Hod for being our beloved curriculum of our very first year of hs :!: . We are looking forward to starting Beyond next week, which I know will be another great year!
Wife to my best freind for 21 yrs. Mama to Stephaney, Elizabeth, and Victoria who are home with the Lord. Blessed with my Destiney 7, currently using BLHFHG

eazbnsmom

Re: Finished LHFHG bitter sweet

Post by eazbnsmom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:52 am

aww, I am sure this is how I am going to feel when it is over. I did get my Beyond & Bigger manual's this week and they look wonderful. I can't wait to start them, so I am sure you will have this to look forward to as well. It's like reading the next book in a really good series!
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:31 am

hug
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 pm

You will fall in love with Beyond even more. The sweet is coming! We are in unit 20 of Beyond and we are loving it.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm

happyhomeschooling,

Thanks for sharing this precious ending to LHFHG. :wink: We feel the same way when we lovingly say good-bye to our guides too. My third little one is almost finished with LHFHG now. I can hardly believe he is that old. It truly is bittersweet. :)

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm

happyhomeschooling wrote:Well dd finished up in LHFHG today. We worked hard to get it done and then we closed the book, both sat there for a sec looked at each other with a melencoly look and my daughter picked up the teachers manual that has been our companion for a year and hugged and kissed it and said goodbye. :cry:

We could'nt wait to finish, to get the gratfication of accomplishment, but then when we did, we wanted to do it all over agiain! Thank you Hod for being our beloved curriculum of our very first year of hs :!: . We are looking forward to starting Beyond next week, which I know will be another great year!
Oh my, I must be quite emotional today because your post has got me all teared up! :cry: I just was thinking how different this lovely picture you've given us is from the end of the school year when I used to teach public school. Children giving me a quick hug and racing out of the classroom possibly never to see me again, and starting all over with a new group of dc, and many times a completely different curriculum, the next year. I like your "picture" so much better. What a perfect ending to a school year - and what a perfect beginning to a new school year just around the corner for you!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie