Using HOD with your special Needs children!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Using HOD with your special Needs children!

Post by MamaMary » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:37 am

If anyone here has a child with special needs would you please share how HOD has increased their learning? I am speaking about homeschooling special learners at a conference in August and plan to share our TOP homeschool curriculum picks. Of coarse, HOD is at the top :D I can already tell you what I am planning on sharing:

The scheduled readings and activities are in small bite size portions so that my children can stay tuned in. It cranked up their learning.

The hands on projects added velcro (Dianne Craft) to the information so it would STICK in the brain and STAY!

The biblical worldview has helped them to see the Lords hand in all of it and even that is done a measurable way that they can grasp. One memory verse per week. One theme per week.

I love that HOD lines up with my philosophy that "More is not necessarily Better"!

How about you?
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/