Kind of OT - Finally getting settled

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Samuel'sMommy

Kind of OT - Finally getting settled

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi ladies!
I feel like its been forever since I've had a chance to be online. We haven't done school for about 3 weeks now but are looking forward to starting back tomorrow. We took a couple of weeks off to pack and move. We are all moved in to our new house and loving it! We moved last weekend (the end of March) and then this past weekend we hosted a group of middle school girls from our youth group for a Disciple Now weekend. It was the first time we'd ever done anything like that and it was amazing! It's basically just like having a youth retreat, but instead of spending a lot of money to go somewhere, all the big sessions and meals were at our church and then they split into smaller groups that stayed at various church members homes to do more in-depth bible study on the topic. It was tons of fun and several of our youth made desicions for Christ! Anyway,I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around and should be back to posting and reading this week.

Oh, I have to show you this because it was hilarious! Saturday afternoon for our Disciple Now weekend, our youth paster handed us a sheet of paper with various Bible stories on it. We were split into teams of about 5 youth and 2 adults. Each team had to choose 4 stories to act out and take pictures of (like a slide show) We had to tell each story in 7 pictures or less. We could portray them anyway we wanted (props, costumes, etc) as long as we stayed true to the idea of the story. It was a blast and a unique twist on a photo scavenger hunt which is what we have done several times in the past. The middle school girls (the group from my house) got split into 2 teams. My team placed 2nd and the other half of our group placed 1st! They were so excited. I think we won a pizza party one night before youth but I can't remember. Anyway, here's a link to our slideshow if you want to see it
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d85d2dfee3
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!