Age level question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
3babiesmommy

Age level question

Post by 3babiesmommy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 pm

For anyone who has used Beyond or older, a question if you please:) My 2 older children are almost 8 and almost 6. If I went with this program, I would want to start Bigger in the fall, Preparing the following year, then Ancients. The reason for skipping Beyond (or I might try to fit it in now and through the summer) would be to get my oldest into Ancients by the time she is in 5th (she is in 2nd now) so she has time to go through the 4 year cycle once before HS. My question is about the younger one. If I followed that schedule, she would always be just under the age level. She would be 6 when we did Bigger, 7 with Preparing, 8 with Ancients and so on. I don't want to do 2 programs with them (I already have another little one to consider someday), but I don't want the middle child to always have everything kinda going over her head either. What say you?? If it helps, we do our own thing for Grammar/Phonics and Math, so those would be on age level regardless.

Thanks!!!

Coleen