Lessons learned from my 4 year old on the economy and HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

Lessons learned from my 4 year old on the economy and HOD

Post by water2wine » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:46 am

My 4 year told me that we did not have to worry about everyone's daddy losing their jobs because God will take care of them if they follow them. She said it is just like Elijah and the people that worshiped idols but we will be OK because he will give us what we need. She told me she learned that from HOD and indeed we did have a lesson in LHFHG that was on Elijah and how God provided for him while people that worship idols were punished. It was of course from the Bible. I told her that God was not necessarily punishing us. And she pointed out to me that even so God would give us what we need if we ask Him and follow Him. And our daddy did lose his job but God gave us another one because we needed it. And there are a lot of people who are not worshiping God. :shock: Of course I do not believe God is punishing us and I know that many people who follow God do not have jobs. It is just wonderful to see her believe that God is taking care of her family. :D

I thought it was amazing that a four year old could transfer the knowledge so well and apply it in a way to me that seems very accurately to the world around her. It came from probably knowing that her daddy had to get a new job and us praying for the families that do not have new jobs and I guess just her observation of the world. I think it is the way HOD applies Bible to history and then shows the character involved there that makes them able to apply it to life. :D They just really learn to apply the Word to the world around them. Just one of the many reasons we love HOD. It makes them think and really learn to apply the Word of God. This is what I want for my kids! I never would have known how to get it without having the help from HOD! I know we are giving our children the best with HOD. :D If we could all just have childlike faith in Him! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Patience

Re: Lessons learned from my 4 year old on the economy and HOD

Post by Patience » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Wow, that is a really neat story. I see my kids making more connections like this too, directly related to our HOD discussions. I am very grateful for this. And thanks for letting us know how we can be praying for you.
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 am

Patience I will take your prayers anytime :D but God has already given dh another job. He did it before his old job ended and so that was what my dd was referring to in taking care of us. :D In all honesty I really feel prayer is what made it happen. Thank you though for the offer of your prayers. :D God is good!

There are many families though that do need prayer for this I am sure many on this board. I know people at my dh's old company are really having a hard time finding something. It is something we pray for often. I pray for the other families on this board too that have had lay offs. One thing I know though is that He truly does provide for our needs!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:38 pm

That is exactly what we are all hoping and praying for - that our dc will understand God is in sovereign control of everything, and that He is a part of ALL of life - not just an add-on in the school day, or not just on Sundays in church. That is truly some good news - and as Jesus' mother Mary did - I imagine you will treasure this in your heart. Way to go Mom!!! God's at work in your little one's heart!

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Ohhhh, I love these stories.

I have one too....

Last night we were talking about being "trustworthy" My just turned four year old quoted "even a child is know by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right!!" My husband and I thought she was so cute...but also so right and had totally got the meaning of the verse (we were also amazed at her memory as we did this memory verse ages ago, before our summer holidays!!, not to mention it was really her older sister's memory verse :D ) This is really "hiding God's word in her heart" :D

Thanks for sharing :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Deb that is great! Isn't it wonderful when we do not even have to tell them how to apply it. The words just come from their heart. :D And being trustworthy is an awesome one for them to get early on. Thanks for sharing your story!

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:30 pm

I love this story! That is one great kid and one great curriculum! :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Ladies,

I love reading stories about your precious little ones hiding God's word in their hearts. I'm praising the Lord with each of you for that blessing today! :D

Thanks for sharing. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie