CLE Math vs Singapore

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
butterfly113

CLE Math vs Singapore

Post by butterfly113 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 pm

I am having such a hard time with this choice! UGH! DS9 (3rd grade) is doing fine with Horizons 4... we are changing next year bc Mommy dear doesn't care for the TM and think this would be a good time to make the changes. SOOO... DS is a MATH kid. He loves is, gets it and lives, eats, sleeps and breathes it. He wants to know the hows and whys of everything. Future engineer, mathy ,sciency someone! Now that I have painted that picture for you... I am just stumped how to take him on this course of the future with MATH!
Half of me says it's a no brainer... go with Singapore... everyone says it great... challenging... etc... teaches on a deeper level, yet not as spiral as Horizons. THEN the other part of me thinks to go with CLE math. It is challenging, not as much as Singapore, yet still very strong. It is a little broader, more spiral... UGH@!
Can anyone give me their thoughts??? Why is this so tough?! :roll: :D :oops:
Butterfly
Married to Grasshopper for 21 wonderful years.
DS14 Caterpillar - full of life!
http://joshuatreeacademy.blogspot.com