Praising the Lord for His Faithfulness..,

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Praising the Lord for His Faithfulness..,

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Precious Friends,

I am forever grateful for your prayers for our family. Seth is doing so well. We saw the pediatric neurologist and he does need to be on the meds for at least two years. I felt such a deep peace about this. He did inform us that my other children now have an increased risk of seizure, but I don't feel frightened or fearful. God is sustaining me with his PERFECT PERFECT Peace!

I blogged pictures of our hospital stay. (I don't remember if I shared this already?) As you look at the bandages know that we see those as badges of honor. Seth began his journey with the Lord in earnest through this experience. http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/646519/

The Lord was so faithful this past weekend as we hosted the Maxwell family. Let me say right off the bat that they were so very gracious and humble. They shared deeply from their hearts that many of their convictions came through mistakes they made. They are also FIRST generation believers which I found very intriguing. (As I am too) Steve sought out my Scotty (I believe your prayers put it on his heart, thank you) and a trust was formed. Scott is not going to get rid of our T.V., but I will tell you what did change. (Sob) He is leading prayer time with me every single night. He is committed to leading our family devotions. For more pictures and follow up I blogged out our experience: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/650056/

Ok, off to paint our branches to learn about seasons! (Beyond)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Candice

Re: Praising the Lord for His Faithfulness..,

Post by Candice » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Mary,

Praise the Lord!
Thank you so much for sharing all of this, all of YOU with us.
I have even come to find great peace in the Lord while dealing with some "unknowns" with my daughter's health. Being able to read your blog has been a blessing.

Candice

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Oh Mary I love to see posts form you with titles like this. Praise God for His faithfulness. And thanks for the encouragement I am a first generation believer as well trying to make huge changes in my generational line. It's wonderful to see this families model to purity and loving the Lord while hsing! Thanks for sharing and praising God for His faithfulness to you! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Praise the Lord! That looks like a weekend ordained by the Lord, and it's obvious His hand was working there in hearts throughout it all! Seth will continue to be in my prayers, but it does my heart good to know you are at peace with it now.

In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! I'm so glad that you are feeling peace about your son and that he is doing well with his meds. And praise God for the changes you mentioned in your husband. That is great!

You will continue to be in my prayers.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad that your son is doing better and that you had a wonderful weekend!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Mary,

I am humbled by your faith and blessed by your sharing about Seth and your family. I pray that the Lord will continue to be near you and that He will drive fear far from your heart. The Lord is enough to walk with us through all things. I pray for His arms to surround you and for peace to flood your heart and Seth's heart.

Thanks for sharing,
Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:37 am

Thank you so much for your words of God's affirmation. It's funny how our faith may seem strong until my child is involved. This was a whole new growing experience for me. I have to tell you that I didn't immediately say, "Praise God". But I am thankful that he doesn't look at how I start the race, He watches over me to make sure that I finish well.
Carrie wrote:I pray that the Lord will continue to be near you and that He will drive fear far from your heart. The Lord is enough to walk with us through all things. I pray for His arms to surround you and for peace to flood your heart and Seth's heart.
I love this prayer because there can be moments of what "if's". God bless you all.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:37 am

Mary,
I am so glad that you are finding the right help for Seth. As the Lord works in the hearts of your family, may He draw you all closer together and closer to Himself.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:19 am

Mary,

What do I say to such surrender and devotion in the midst of scary, overwhelming times? I am humbled by your faith and determination to live inside the peace of our sweet Jesus. Thank you for sharing. Girl, you are such a spiritual inspiration to many. God is so good. Sometimes it is harder to see than others, but he is Good.

It reminds me of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. At the end Mr. Tumnus and Lucy are talking as Aslan leaves. Mr Tumnus says, "Afterall, he isn't a tame lion." And Lucy says "But he is GOOD."

That is our Lord. He isn't here doing what we want when we want him to. He is our LORD and though we do not always understand his ways (for his ways are not our ways) he is GOOD. Rest in that assurance. :-)
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 am

Oh Jessi,

You are so sweet! I haven't been to your blog in awhile and I need to do that. I LOVE your music and your writing :D I feel the Lord leading me to share something here. First of all, I mess up all the time in my walk with the Lord. Just last night I was irritated with a gal the Lord has brought into my life. I zipped off an e-mail that had little barbs cloaked with Warm smiles. It was so NOT of the spirit. I know who I can be when I am not plugged into the Father and it's not pretty. :oops:

I did have something that changed my life spiritually and I want to share it with you. (All my Hoddie sisters) It was a bible study (actually it's more like a workshop) called, "The Freedom Workshop". (This is my personal testimony and I know that you may not have the same struggles I did.) The Freedom workshop taught me how to go from needing to fed by others to becoming a self-feeding christian. I LOVE bible Studies, but they should be in addition to my own quiet time. For 15 years I lived off of Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, our pastors weekly sermons, etc..., (Which is great if they are in addition to my own personal quiet time and not instead of) The problem was my quiet times were not very dynamic. I often felt like I was checking a box or praying to the ceiling when I tried to read through the bible on my own. Sometimes I would hit the jackpot and it would be warm and fuzzy and other times it wasn't.

Through the "Freedom Workshop" I learned how to read my bible relationally. How to sit quietly and listen to HIS voice. How to wait. (still working on this one) I learned how not to be a victim to life circumstances. I had a bad habit of getting my feelings hurt easily. When something HUGE came into my life (an example would have been Seth's seizures or my dads cancer) I would want someone stronger than me spiritually to come and hold my hand. Which is fine, and I am thankful that Seth's room was packed with my friends from church, but they should be secondary to the Lord's comfort. They were icing on the cake after the Father had already held me in HIS arms. (I wouldn't want cake without icing :wink: )

This workshop is not easy, but it is life changing. I still have to fight the urge not to run to man (friends) instead of my father. When it comes to Seth's seizures I don't know that I would have passed that test had it happened during the day. It would have been very tempting for me to call my friends to come. But I now see that the Lord's timing was SO perfect because I grew closer to him in that vinyl recliner at 2 in the morning than I ever would have had I called my friends or husband to rescue me.

I am still growing up in the Lord. I still struggle with my sinful nature. However, one of the first verses I had to memorize in the "Freedom Workshop" was..,

"Mary, you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature is urging you to do. For if you keep on following it you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit you turn from it and it's evil deeds you will live. For all who are called by the spirit of God are children of God".

If anyone is interested in learning more about the freedom workshop, it is FREE! Just go to http://www.saltandlightgroup.com and click on "The Freedom Workshop" If you are serious I urge you not to just print and read, but to actually do the work. Read through the passages, memorize the scriptures, commit to that daily quiet time reading through your bible. (We want the WHOLE counsel of God)
Last edited by MamaMary on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Mary,

I didn't want you to think I was putting you on a pedestal. I just want to say that the Lord speaks volumes through you and through this submission that you possess it touches many hearts. :-) Thanks for sharing ALL of you!
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:39 pm

Thank You Jessi. I do worry :? that in my zeal and excitement for my journey with Jesus that sometimes I get busy sharing the big moments and that I don't share those not so great ones.

Love ya,
Mary :D

I also really did want to share about Freedom Workshop with my Hoddie girls. It's so near to my heart and was totally life changing :P

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh Mary (and the rest of you lovely HODie ladies!!) I am in tears as I read these posts. Feeling so blessed to be loved and accepted by such an awsome, amazing God, and feel so encouraged to be able to have the joy of sharing in the journey of what He is doing in your life. What a truley Mighty Mighty God we love and serve. Thankyou for sharing this testimony, I too have the tendancy to lean heavily, and often first on friends, family and husband. I am so beautifully and gently reminded my your words, to look to my saviour. Thankyou everyone for these words.

I feel so blessed to me a part of this community :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!