? about Life in the Great Ice Age book

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
playschool

? about Life in the Great Ice Age book

Post by playschool » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 am

Does this book espouse old-earth creationism? We hold to young earth creationism and my ears perked up when I saw this title. Does HOD point to a more old-earth creationism? Please note, I am not trying to cause a controversy of any kind, I just had a question about this book. Thanks!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: ? about Life in the Great Ice Age book

Post by Carrie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:09 pm

playschool,

Life in the Great Ice Age holds to a young earth literal interpretation of Genesis and the Bible. It is a wonderful book that is a joy to read, and it does a good job of explaining how cave men and fossils fit in with the Genesis account. While my husband and I have a firm young earth view of the Genesis account, we are mindful that not all Christians hold that same interpretation. We do not wish to divide Christians on this issue, but at HOD we do select books that fit well with the young earth philosophy for inclusion in our curriculum. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

playschool

Post by playschool » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Carrie, Thank you for your clarification of this. We have used Sonlight which seems to hold to more of a old-earth creationist view, but with the cores we used it did not seem to go into these things. Maybe I do not know my science very well, because I thought that if there were an ice age the earth would be much older. However, an issue like this would not keep me from using any curriculum. Thank you, though, for getting back to me on this.

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi there!

Answers in Genesis also sells this book and they are firm believers in the Literal Interp of a Young Earth. They have an interesting article you may like to read about the Ice Age:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/ar ... apter7.asp
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

playschool

Post by playschool » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:11 pm

Thank you Susie for posting the link to the article of Answers in Genesis. We have always respected Ken Ham and even have watched several of his videos from Answers in Genesis. Thanks again!