HOD addiction ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lori_in_Austin

HOD addiction ?

Post by Lori_in_Austin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Dear fellow HODies,

I received my login eight days ago and I cannot go to bed at night without looking at all the new posts for the day. :o Has anyone else experienced this?

:shock: Am I experiencing some sort of HODie addiction? If so, what did you do about it? Is there a support group or should I let this "fever" run its course? How long does the "fever" last? Are there any other symptoms I should be looking out for ??? I hate to go through this alone so I thought I would ask. :wink:

It is not all bad, don't get me wrong ! Most of the time it is quite "euphoric" - like an "HODie High": I get on the message board, get my fix, and go to bed with sweet dreams. But it is interfering with my facebook "relationships", web-surfing, etc.

Should I be worried? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Lori_in_Austin on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lori in Austin, TX
wife to dh "Joe"
mom to two boys:
ds-5 - LHFHG using: The Reading Lesson, Explode the Code Phonics, Right Start Math.
ds-2.5 -
soon to start LHTH with Before FIAR

mamaof3peas

Re: HOD addiction ?

Post by mamaof3peas » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:45 pm

omg, i was just talking on another hs board about computer addictions :lol: yes i too am suffering. i check at least 2x a day to see whos askin what. im so happy cause i just ordered all my read alouds for beyond off ebay and switched to rod and staff math so just ordered that also. my dd needed a mastery based math and hopefully r and s will be a good fit. anyway, just wanted to say hi and that yes, i too am afflicted with this addiction, have only had internet for 3 weeks and already my dh says he is going to unplug the computer. :lol:

heather

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Lori_in_Austin wrote:Should I be worried? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, you should be very worried!

I have been a part of this board for a year now and I check nearly every day! Trust me there is no hope, it only gets worse as time goes on!
I asked my Doctor about it and he said that they are currently doing a study on HODies and this affliction, and as of now there is no cure available. Sounds pretty hopeless. :?

Candice

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Hello, 8)
just wanted to check in and say, I am hooked too! Although, I cannot write in as much as my heart desires :cry: ....I do my best!
I love the weekly check in spot....it is a nice accountability! :wink:
It is nice to be suffering with so many like minded ladies!! :lol:

God Bless!! :D
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:45 am

You gals are a hoot! :D I'm definitely addicted. I found the board after we had moved overseas. There are so few homeschoolers here in England. I'm lonely! I need my laptop! Just ask my children--Mama gets very cross when the internet goes down. :P :D

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:47 am

Hey
Yep i am totally hooked..I must confess!!!!

It is sort of like you all become friends, I just love seeing what everyone is up to :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:30 am

I am so relieved to know I am not alone. I check multiple times a day and just can't stop!!

Hello, my name is Tamara and I'm a HOD-aholic.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:30 am

Yes...it is an 'addiction' here too. :shock: :wink: I check every day...and miss it when I don't. It is such an uplifting place to come visit, get support and ask questions, and to be able to 'serve' by helping others, too.

We should have a HODIE conference! :lol:

mom2fiveboysnc

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:53 am

That would be AWESOME!!! Or a HODie theme cruise :D Our local Christian radio station WMIT is always promoting Christian cruises. I HAVE to check the HOD board at least 3 times each day, early in the morning, after lunch, and late at night.
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 pm

That would be so wonderful...I had not considered a cruise...and it could be educational. There is one (I can't think of the name) that travels up the east coast and stops in various places. Wouldn't it be great if those of us doing, or who have done, the guides covering American history took one where we could actually visit the places we've read about?! There are cruises available in places such as Rome and Greece too...but much more expensive, I'm sure! Although, the local one is probably fairly costly for a family the size of mine. :shock: Just thinking out loud here....it's so much fun to dream! :D

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 pm

How about once everyone gets to Preparing, you all just come to England and see me! :D There is sooooo much history just walking down the street in this country. It truly is amazing. I am astounded when I think how blessed we've been being here.

I check three times a day, too. When I get up (y'all are all still sleeping as there is a 6 hour time difference, give or take), at lunch, and again late at night. How fun to all be part of each other's lives even from whole continents away. :P

mansmom

Post by mansmom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

It's completely true...that's so funny....I get done with school and claim....15 minutes mommy time....no kids aloud near me...before the baby wakes up...and I must read as many as I can...then as soon as the last child is sleeping blissfully...I'm off to finish...which my dh does not understand what could be so fun to read....he just can't get it...it must be a "girl thing" or the person who is homeschooling thing...or an ugly combination...you are all just so sweet and uplifting...I feel like I've learned so much...I can't stop..........
Joy

Mary '00 Preparing w/ LLATL orange & Horizons math
Alison '02 some LHFHG and a collection of other things
Nathan '04 LHFHG, RME, and Horizons math
Samuel '07 Constantly talking....

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm addicted too! I check at least 3 times a day - in the morning, at naptime, and at night after Samuel goes to bed. I love the atmosphere here and how helpful and supportive everyone is!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Ooh, you ladies make me smile! I thought I was the only one who loved to see what all of you were up to! :D

An HOD cruise sounds good to me! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:55 pm

Carrie wrote: An HOD cruise sounds good to me! :wink:
Sounds great to me!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)