What a fun activity!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Kathleen

What a fun activity!

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Carrie,

The wonderful ideas you have included in your guides never cease to amaze me! :D This week has been filled with fun and meaningful learning! :D I just have to share about our storytime today. We nearing the end of our adventure book in Bigger, and the assignment was to brainstorm descriptive words for the moods in the story and then make a 15 second radio spot for the book. We had so much fun with this! (After Grant decided we could list more than the word "hopeful". :roll: He was quite sure that would sum it up entirely...so I had to tell him what we going to do with the words and that got him going. :wink: )

Anyway, here's our radio spot...

It's a race against time! Will and Henry Knox are hopeful...but is their journey hopeless? Their 300-mile trek across the dangerous mountain wilderness will have you gasping, worried, and sometimes impatient. Can they get the guns to General Washington?

It's 17 seconds...but since we don't have to really pay for the air time we decided not to cut it. :wink:

Our family is in 4-H, and Grant's project talk this next month is going to be about reading. He's going to share the Lit Kit that we're working on now for Dolphin Adventure, and this radio spot will make a great intro for the talk. (Maybe we'll sell DITHOR to the other homeschool families... :wink: )

Thanks for sharing our fun! :P
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

trustinghim

Re: What a fun activity!

Post by trustinghim » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Thanks for sharing :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 pm

That sounds like so much fun! It just gives me even more things to look forward to in a few years! :D
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm

How neat! Now I can't wait to get to Bigger next year. :)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:20 pm

I think Grant may have a future in radio! :D We sure could use a few more good men in that media too. :wink: I enjoyed the play on words, and even though we've read the book, you've got me wanting to read it again! Thanks for sharing!

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Kathleen,

Saying a lot in a few words is harder than it looks, isn't it! You and Grant did a wonderful job! He's got a way with words. :D

Blessings,
Carrie