YAY!! Our Boxes are Here!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
j_croche

YAY!! Our Boxes are Here!!!

Post by j_croche » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:58 pm

My son came in and said "Mom, we have three boxes! Hurry the mailman is in the driveway! It's our school stuff!" Of course I ran outside. We opened the boxes and everyone looked at their books. We are going to start tomorrow! Everyone is so excited. :!: :D
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

my3sons

Re: YAY!! Our Boxes are Here!!!

Post by my3sons » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 pm

Box days are the best - so happy for you and your dc! :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope you have a good first day. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

GingerN

Post by GingerN » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:26 pm

THREE BOXES???? WOO HOO!!! Have fun! :D
Ginger

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:56 pm

YEAH! I am so glad you got your boxes and that you didn't hurt that poor delivery guy! (snickering)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 pm

GingerN wrote:THREE BOXES???? WOO HOO!!! Have fun! :D
Ginger
I know that sounds like alot. We have 3 kiddos that are using them. Two in preparing(one with ext.)and DITHOR, and one in LHFHG. I also have a 3 year old that is VERY upset that he didn't get any books :cry: So it looks like we'll be ordering LHTH soon.
BTW, my little 6 year old wanted to start right away. She took out The Reading Lesson and started it on her own--lol. Finally, at about 4:oo I felt so sorry for her that I got out the guide and did day 1. We had a blast! She loved putting on a blind fold and feeling the objects for Science. She is currently sitting on the couch looking through history for Little Pilgrims...she loves this book!
We are definitely looking forward to tomorrow. My boys are looking forward to beginning PHFHG.
God Bless,
Jennifer
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:20 pm

So excited for you :D :D :D

I hope you have a great start :!: :!: :!:

I love the last comment about the delivery guy, yes we almost knocked ours over when we received our boxes :wink: :roll:

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Jennifer,

I think you've given new meaning to an "open-and-go" teacher's manual! :shock: You got to literally open the box and GO! :D Have a great day tomorrow!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:04 pm

MamaMary wrote:YEAH! I am so glad you got your boxes and that you didn't hurt that poor delivery guy! (snickering)
I think the mail person probably thought that we were pretty strange grabbing the boxes with such excitement. I don't know if I was more excited to see the packages or the excitement on my children's faces. I can't wait to read the books! Wait who did I buy this for....me or them...lol :oops: :wink:
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

anointedhsmom

Post by anointedhsmom » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 am

j_croche wrote:
MamaMary wrote:YEAH! I am so glad you got your boxes and that you didn't hurt that poor delivery guy! (snickering)
I think the mail person probably thought that we were pretty strange grabbing the boxes with such excitement. I don't know if I was more excited to see the packages or the excitement on my children's faces. I can't wait to read the books! Wait who did I buy this for....me or them...lol :oops: :wink:
LOL :D

Congratulation on Box Day. I can't wait until I get to have a box day again when we do PHFHG.
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 am

j_croche wrote:
You want to know what is REALLY exciting? 12 weeks..., 6months from now you will be just as excited! I mean that. I can't tell you how many times over the past 11 years we've been homeschooling I would get all excited over box day only to have the excitement worn off within the first few weeks. We are coming upon a whole year with HOD and I love it even MORE today than when we started. To me THIS is a testimony to a wonderful program! I also would find myself starting to think about the next years program half way through. I was ready for a change. Not so with HOD. I am loving BEYOND and though I already own four entire HOD programs I am content to savor and enjoy Beyond before we move into Bigger and Little hearts next year!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 am

Yay for Box Day!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

j_croche

Re: YAY!! Our Boxes are Here!!!--1st day update

Post by j_croche » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 pm

What a wonderful day we have had! :D When I asked my children what they learned today, they were full of answers. To quote my 9 year old " he said " I learned that all of the other school work was boring, but not the NEW school work. Thanks Mom" This really blessed me. My 11 yo loves history, so he is tickled pink :) My 6 yo dd is really excited as well.
I only wish that we'd found HOD sooner.
Thank you all for being here and sharing our excitement.
God is GOOD :mrgreen:
Jennifer
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

GingerN

Post by GingerN » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 pm

:P :P :P
Ginger (who is always hysterical with excitement when box day comes!)

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Oh that is so great!! Isn't it fun???

And mamamary was right. It really is still this exciting, even down the road. We've used LHFHG now with my just turned 5 yo for 20 weeks, and it is still just as fun. :D :D :D
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Jennifer,

I'm so excited that your kiddos are enjoying their new HOD style school days! :D We're doing LHFHG and Preparing and DITHR this year at our house too (with that 2 year old of ours waiting in the wings to do LHTH), so we're on a similar path!

Today in Preparing Hearts my 9 year old was working on his clay cartouche of Hatshepsut's name. He LOVES his history projects and gets so carried away with them! I scheduled it last thing in his day, just so he can! He couldn't be happier then when he's working on something crafty! Enjoy! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie