I have realized something

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SoaringEagle

I have realized something

Post by SoaringEagle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:37 am

I am too quick to give up and delete accounts saying I'll never use this so might as well delete account. That's what I did yesterday and regretted it today. I signed back up. The reason I wanted to come back was to tell about our wonderful science time today. We're using 1/2 of LHFHG. Today's science was making boats out of foil and trying to make them float. They had so much fun!!! They put in buttons, then small plastic animals, then blocks. Nothing was able to sink the boats. My dd noticed when we started putting some more buttons and animals, that the boats started to move by themselves. They didn't want to take their boats out so they're still sitting in the bath water. I was too excited to wait to share this later this week. I'm working on my blog and will have it ready by Thursday, complete with pictures of our science experiment.
~Juli~
Wife to P
Mommy to dd Froggie - age 7 - BLHFHG - August '10
ds Hot Wheels - age 4 - LHTH - August '10

http://soaringeagle91.blogspot.com/

anointedhsmom

Re: I have realized something

Post by anointedhsmom » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:55 am

Julie,

I am so glad you decided to register again and stay with us here at the HOD board! I also checked out your blog. I will add it to my list of HOD blogs. I try check those blogs as often as I can. I see you were using MFW K. We also used MFW K and didn't make it all the way through either. I just wish I would have known about HOD at that point but I didn't. So a few years later here we are using Bigger with my son and I so wish I had used it with him from the beginning. I will for sure be using it with my 2 year old as soon as he's ready to start.

Blessings!
Blessings,
Paige in TN
Joshua 14 & Jacob 7
http://www.anointedhsmom.blogspot.com

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm glad you are back, Julie! That sounds like a pretty terrific science day in homeschooling. I need to check out your blog too. This board is such a support to me, and I know it can be that for you too. I'm raising my coffee mug in a "cheers" to toast you coming back again! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie :)
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:09 pm

Julie...YEAH! I love when we have moments like that and you just know not only are the learning but that they are making beautiful memories. So glad you had one of those days. Treasure them, they are a blessing from the Lord. :D

And glad you are here! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:13 am

Hey Julie
Guess what we must be going at almost the same pace, we did that science last week :D

How exciting to be REALLY sharing the jurney so closely with someone else :shock:

I will be really looking forward to you blog!!

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:10 am

Julie,

I love how much thought you guys put into your boats! That is so cool that NOTHING could sink them! I'm also glad you re-signed up! We're Better Together! We need you :wink: :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 am

Thanks Mary and everyone. I love it here, everyone is so nice and encouraging. I won't give up so easily and if I feel like doing so, I'll come here and ask for help.
~Juli~
Wife to P
Mommy to dd Froggie - age 7 - BLHFHG - August '10
ds Hot Wheels - age 4 - LHTH - August '10

http://soaringeagle91.blogspot.com/

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:43 am

Glad you're back and that your kids are enjoying HOD!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 pm

Julie,

I'm late to the thread, but I just wanted to celebrate with you and let you know we're glad to have you back! :D

Blessings,
Carrie