OT - Blogging

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Samuel'sMommy

OT - Blogging

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:16 pm

I have spent way too much time on my blog today. A friend of mine told me about this website http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ I thought some of you bloggers out there might like it also. They have all kinds of free templates and things to spruce up your blog and it took me awhile to figure out which one I liked best. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. Check out my blog http://cherish-each-moment.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

beandip71

Re: OT - Blogging

Post by beandip71 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:15 pm

You're blog looks great! I have a background from that site too. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Stephanie,

Thanks for sharing the link. I downloaded one of the 'gadgets' just now for my own blog. And your blog looks wonderful, by the way. :)

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Your blog looks great! And thanks for the link...I found new backgrounds for both my blogs :)
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Stephaine,

I LOVE your new blog background!!! :D (Fall happens to be my favorite season...and I love the leaf colors. :wink: ) You're just full of great ideas for keeping our school memories. I'm planning to try that blurb book that you wrote about earlier. Now if I can figure out how to create a blog...and then make it cute. :D (Now where did my free time run off to? :roll: )

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:07 am

I love your blog! It makes me think two things--I really should blog (this is what my friends back in America keep telling me, anyway), and I can't wait to do LHTH again! I had forgotten how much fun it was. Although, and I think this is so funny, my now 15 year old remembers when we did it with her littlest brother. She loved the letters taped on the floor, and is already planning out cute colors of tape to use for the letters with her little sister. :)

hsmomof5

Post by hsmomof5 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:19 am

It's very cute! I like! :)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 am

mama4bugs,

You really should blog...it's a great way to keep a journal of what you do with your family, and it lets others who don't get to see you in person 'see' you online!

Another thought...if your dd 15 is that excited, maybe you could let her take on much of the teaching...it could be a great help to you. :) And, it would be wonderful life experience for her: preparation for teaching, mothering, etc. Just a thought!

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 am

inHistiming wrote:Another thought...if your dd 15 is that excited, maybe you could let her take on much of the teaching...it could be a great help to you. :) And, it would be wonderful life experience for her: preparation for teaching, mothering, etc. Just a thought!
That's actually a great idea! I think they would both love that. :)

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Cute blog...it is great to get to know you more :D , I am thinking of blogging too, but a bit worried I will be spending even MORE time on the computer :?: :?: :!: :!:
love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Stephanie - I did create a blog...didn't post on it yet :lol: ...but I created one. :wink: (And it only took me about 10 minutes - which is all the time I had when I st down at the computer. Hey, if I can do it, I betcha any of you can!! :D ) Oh, and I used the same abckground as you. Hope you don't care if I copy! :wink:

Homeschooling mom to 6:
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Thanks for all the compliments! For those of you that don't blog, it is tons of fun and a great way for friends and family to keep up with you. Plus, I used to love to scrapbook and now I just don't have the time. But, it's really easy for me to take 10-15 minutes (or less) to upload a few photos at the end of the week and journal about what we did. I was feeling really guilty about not keeping up with my son's scrapbook, but this alleviates that guilt and Grandma and Gramps and the rest of the family get to see what's going on too. It's great!

Kathleen, I don't mind at all that you copied. Now I can't wait to see some posts on your blog! By the way, that is a great picture of your family. Where was it taken?
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:28 pm

We went to Colorado as a family last month. (Notice my husband's black eye! :shock: It actually healed much faster than we expected, but he was on the wrong end of some 2x4's that he was helping move when they were dropped.) We were at Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park in that picture. It has a nice easy little trail around the lake, however we needed to climb up a slope of big boulders that went for a long ways in order to make it exciting enough for my little hikers. :wink: We had a wonderful time and loved all the refreshing scenery that God provides there! (I loved your pics of the Somky Mountains, too, BTW. :D )

Homeschooling mom to 6:
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH