Preparing unit 1 project-Shield of Faith

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gracelikerain

Preparing unit 1 project-Shield of Faith

Post by gracelikerain » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:55 pm

This is my dd's10 Shield of Faith when she made this in August.
This is my first project with HOD. We had a blast! I even made one... :wink:
dd7 at the time
ds4
this is mine!! :wink:

I finally joined photobucket! That is why I am posting this now. :shock:

Carrie, do you think it would be a good idea to set up a place just for projects? That could be catorgized. This would help those of us who are more visual. I know the week in review has project pictures but I thought to have them all in one place would be neat. I don't know if it possible.....just an idea!
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

Candice

Re: Preparing unit 1 project-Shield of Faith

Post by Candice » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 pm

Georgette,

Great shields, great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. :D I love that you made a shield as well, I always jump at the opportunity to make a project right along with my daughter when we are doing LHFHG. I think it is so fun and I love the time with her.
I like your idea about creating a special area just for project pictures. I have sometimes wished I could take a peek at someone's completed project (a project that we would be about to begin) just to see if I was on the right track as far as initiating it. Not that any project has been terribly difficult, but like you, I am a visual person. Sometimes the simplest of written instructions seem to elude me!!
In addition, I simply just love looking at what projects have been created by others. I find it inspirational and joyful seeing what others have created and accomplished with the HOD programs.
I will have to check out Photobucket, I am horrible with trying to post pictures, pretty pathetic really! I started a blog a few months back now, and have not updated it more than twice because I become so frustrated with the whole picture/image thing!!!!

Candice

trustinghim

Post by trustinghim » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 am

These look really great, isn't it fun when what the children are doing is so good, that we feel like doing it too, talk about exciting learning!!!! Makes it easy to feel involved, not just going through the motions. Thanks for sharing :D

Love Deb
Loving, living and learning at home.

Wife to my dearest friend, Mummy to 4 little lovelies
Homeschooling with:

DD 7: BLHFHG
DD 5: LHFHG
DS 3: LHTH
DS 9 weeks...delighting us all with smiles and giggles!!

Living in Australia!!!!

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Wow! Beautiful shields Georgette...and kids! :D :wink:
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Wow! Those look like they were a lot of fun! I only have to wait about 5 more years before I get the chance to do those with my little guy :D
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

gracelikerain

Post by gracelikerain » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:57 pm

Hey Carrie,

What do you think about making a spot just for projects & crafts? I thought it would be neat to have them all in one area so folks can see a finished project. That always helps me out when trying something new. Just an idea. :)

Blessings,
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Georgette,

Your shields turned out SO cute! :D I also really like the idea of having a project folder where moms could put pics of their projects. We have quite a few folders on the main page of our board right now, so I'll have to think about it a bit as I don't wish to overwhelm people. I'll talk to my husband, and see what he thinks. For now, at least people can see pictures on the weekly HOD check-in. Thanks for the great idea! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

Lori_in_Austin

Post by Lori_in_Austin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Carrie wrote:Georgette,

Your shields turned out SO cute! :D I also really like the idea of having a project folder where moms could put pics of their projects. We have quite a few folders on the main page of our board right now, so I'll have to think about it a bit as I don't wish to overwhelm people. I'll talk to my husband, and see what he thinks. For now, at least people can see pictures on the weekly HOD check-in. Thanks for the great idea! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

Carrie,
I am just brainstorming here, so I will throw this idea out there. Maybe another idea would springboard off of it. Okay, here it goes:
Since you already have a folder for each guide, why not put the projects & crafts pictures people want to post under the folder for that guide. Along those lines, there could be a set "format" to put in the SUBJECT entry.

For example: If I would like to post pictures and comments on the Art/Craft from Unit 5-Day 5 from LHFHG (Little Hearts for His Glory) then I would put it in the message board folder for "Little Hearts for His Glory" and then put in the SUBJECT "LHFHG-Unit 5-Day 5- Craft-Eating Idols"

Rather than combining ALL projects into a new "Project/Craft" folder, why not post them under the specific folders for each guide that already exist.

Just throwing that out there as something to think about. My feelings will not be hurt if you decide to create a new folder !!!

God Bless,
Lori in Austin, TX
wife to dh "Joe"
mom to two boys:
ds-5 - LHFHG using: The Reading Lesson, Explode the Code Phonics, Right Start Math.
ds-2.5 -
soon to start LHTH with Before FIAR

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Lori,

That is a wonderful idea! I could easily do that, and it wouldn't overwhelm people as much! I'll talk to my hubby about getting folders within the folders. 8)

Blessings,
Carrie