is this doable?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamas4bugs

is this doable?

Post by mamas4bugs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 pm

I posted a thread earlier explaining that my 10 year old, who is doing and loving Preparing this year has already done ancient history twice, and so I need a different history for him next year, although we still want to use the rest of the new HOD Ancients guide. I was thinking that I would do American history with him because that's what both my other two are doing. I considered just beefing up the history in Bigger, which my younger boy will be doing, and in the process of looking into things to add, I started looking at MFW.

So here's my question. For anyone who has done MFW, what I am considering is doing Bigger with my then 7 year old, doing the new HOD guide except for history with my then 11 year old, substituting in MFW year 4 history (explorations to 1850). Do you think that would work?

Thanks in advance!