Let's share our schedules!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bmpamom

Re: Let's share our schedules!

Post by bmpamom » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:50 pm

This is our first year using HOD World Geography with 9th grade twins (boy and girl) this year. I am also schooling a 10th grader with special needs who is NOT doing WG with the twins. We start at 8:30 a.m. doing Bible together, pray together, then watch CNN Student News for 10 minutes of what's going on in the world, and then Dictation. We then go over that day's schedule as the kids work independently. I spend time during the morning looking over each day's work load, sometimes reading the books myself so that I'm better prepared. Still trying to get used to the kids doing so much on their own! Since it's a 4-day schedule, I spend one-on-one time with each child on Friday going over EVERYTHING they did that week, and they make any corrections necessary. They are then free to pursue other interests that they've chosen. We also have music and art lessons on Fridays as well. So far this is working for us. :)

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:33 pm

We have been on a break from HOD for the past few weeks due to speech writing for our first speech touranament. tomorrow we are back to HOD. After a wonderful conversation with Julie last week I made some changes to our schedule. Here is our new schedule....this is just my day so it lists the times they are working with me

9:00 Family Bible
9:30 T doing WG -Math and Grammar
10:00 L doing Bigger-Reading history/Bible/Poetry/Spelling
10:30 L-Storytime/review Math/Grammar/DITHOR assignment
11:00 E doing CTC-WWTB/DITHOR/Spelling/Questions
11:30 K doing MTMM -WWTB/DITHOR/Spelling/Questions/if time Who Am I?
12:00 Lunch *Have T give oral narrations
12:30 Recess
1:00 L-Learn through History/Science
1:30 E-Storytime/Bible/review work
check K and T work when they are done

Have a great week everyone
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm teaching MtMM and CtC this coming year. The only thing I do extra outside of HOD is Latin and my kids take Piano Lessons. It does add a little bit of time to our day but that is okay. I like to school all day long and take plenty of breaks (works for my kids). Here is my schedule for day 1. I create a schedule for each day since stuff rotates but this will help when pondering your own schedule.

Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM