determining a book's reading level

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mom2fiveboysnc

determining a book's reading level

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:02 pm

i am hoping you ladies can help me :D i recall seeing a link about finding the reading level for books and i have searched for it but cannot find it. a friend gave me a box of books last week and i think they are like high school level but i cannot find a website to determine the right level. i googled it and the scholastic site keeps popping up but these books aren't all scholastic. if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it :D
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

ksjk3

Re: determining a book's reading level

Post by ksjk3 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Here's the link I use: renaissancelearning.com

Click on Accelerated Reader. Then go to order quizzes. Enter your country, then it'll take you to screen where you enter the book title.

I love this website! I hope this helps you, too. :)
Kristi

Mother of 3 girls ages 10, 8, and 3 years

inHistiming

Re: determining a book's reading level

Post by inHistiming » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:59 am

This seems like a great way to find reading levels....I even found one that went up to 13.2(what grade is that? ) This will help me because I usually can't find the reading level for anything over 7th grade. Thanks for sharing!