Emerging Reader - our Beginner's Bible has a torn page

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
rumkimom

Emerging Reader - our Beginner's Bible has a torn page

Post by rumkimom » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:14 pm

HELP! With my younger DD (age 7) we are using the Emerging Reader schedule in the back of Bigger. We have The Beginner's Bible. It is an old copy but we can still use it. BUT as I was looking though it I found that a page is torn and you can't see the whole text on the page. Could someone PLEASE look at theirs and tell me the words so that I can paste them in the book (we need it for Monday!). Pg 17/18. I can figure out what pg 17 says (the last 3 lines are affects) "When He was finished, God saw that everything He had made was very good. And on the seventh day He rested."

Pg 18: Title: -----special Helper

-----the man that God made.
-----very important job.
-----to all the animals.
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)

annaz

Re: Emerging Reader - our Beginner's Bible has a torn page

Post by annaz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm

My Beginner's Bible does not say any of this. Of course my version is 2005 and yours you said is older. Doesn't even look to be the same verbage. After what you wrote about 7th day rested, the chapter starts new in mine called Adam and Eve. This is the entire chapter after your blurb of 7th day rested. You may be able to insert this chapter instead:

God had planted a beautiful garden for Adam in a place called Eden.
A river flowed through the garden.

Adam loved his new home.
His job was to name all the animals and care for the garden.
Adam loved all the animals, but he could not find a friend that was just right for him. So God created woman.

Adam named her Eve.
she was just right for Adam.
Adam and Eve loved each other.
Together they took care of God's garden.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 pm

Ok, I think I can help you.

Title: The Special Helper

Adam was the man that God made.
He had a very important job.
He gave names to all the animals.

Is that all you need? The page before that you quoted was exactly right...I checked mine. :wink:

The Beginner's Bible I have doesn't have what you quoted, Ann. I wonder if that will affect the questions that go with it? We got ours as a gift when Grant was young and I was planning on using it with Alli when she's ready for the emerging readers in a few years. Maybe you can let me know Ann or rumkimom. :wink:

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

rumkimom

Post by rumkimom » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Kathleen - that's it!! THanks so much! I'll let you know how it goes with the questions. If they do not go with the passage, I'll just make up some of my own. :D

Wendy