King of the Wind

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
netpea

King of the Wind

Post by netpea » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Beyond has such a wonderful selection of Read Alouds. Twentyone balloons would not have held my kids' interest at all, but they are enraptured by King of the Wind. They can't wait to see what happens next.

I'm so glad Carrie has taken the time to provide a variety of choices for Read Alouds.
:D

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Lee Ann,

King Of The Wind looks like a great read as do all of the literature options! I can hardly wait to reach the point when my children can enjoy all of the titles. We are still enjoying picture books at this point and that is just fine with me.

Candice

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks LeeAnn! :) We have loved King of the Wind at our house too. It was the first time my younger sons realized how tough the world can be and how blessed they were to have a home and a family. It was a real awakening for them!

Happy reading!
Carrie