our 1st day with LHFHG & Bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mom2fiveboysnc

our 1st day with LHFHG & Bigger

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:56 pm

My kids have thoroughly enjoyed their 1st day of hsing :D We got off to a rocky start with the 6yr old but after he decided he was going to join us he really had fun. Both boys loved the rhymes in motion for LHFHG and we took pictures of all of us doing our continent/animal motions :D We started at 9 and took several breaks including a 45 minute lunch and got done by 2:45. The 6yr old has been a little antsy, especially when i scheduled 30 minute blocks for him and it only took 5 or 10 minutes but we are going with the flow and have already redid our schedule for tomorrow. My 10yr old has even said he wants to be homeschooled all the way through the 12th grade :D He even wanted to do extra poetry work :D and to think before we started he said he didn't like poetry :lol: Thanks Carrie and Julie from the bottom of my heart for writing these marvelous programs that my kids have enjoyed and I found so easy to teach! They are humming the songs from their cd's and the rhymes (even though I blanked and couldn't remember the tune to "skip to my lou"-we just made up our own :D ). i am so glad that God led me to this program :lol: My kids can't wait for tomorrow and neither can I!
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

Christy in Texas

Re: our 1st day with LHFHG & Bigger

Post by Christy in Texas » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

It's nice to hear such a good report! We will be starting LHFHG & Bigger next Tuesday. I can't wait!
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Oh, I'm excited that you had a good first day with LHFHG and Bigger! That was the combo. we did at our house last year, and we enjoyed it too! :D

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! It was a joy to hear! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 am

Glad you had a great first day!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!