Copy the Classics Review - 5 Stars!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jaimejac

Copy the Classics Review - 5 Stars!

Post by Jaimejac » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:40 pm

We just finished our first week using the new Copy the Classics book. We are in week 27 of Beyond, I only wish we had had this all along! It's a wonderful addition to the program. The finish on the paper is easy to write and draw on, it helps to make copying the poem more consistent and there is room in each section of copywork to draw pictures that go with the poem. It would also be nice if there was a place it in for cutting out the poem and pasting it in for the sequencing activity. I only wish there was book like this for copying Bible verses in all the programs and for copying the poems in Bigger!
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

RSmith

Re: Copy the Classics Review - 5 Stars!

Post by RSmith » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:46 pm

Thank you for posting this review. I’m so excited about Beyond and using Copy the Classics! Box day is going to seriously feel like Christmas here!
Rebecca
Married to best friend for 11 years
Mom to 6 yr old boy (Enjoying LHFHG, Loved LHTH) and 3 yr old girl (loves all the rhymes and songs)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Copy the Classics Review - 5 Stars!

Post by Carrie » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:09 pm

Hooray! :D I know I wish I had Copy the Classics when my boys were doing Beyond! :D It is just what I wanted the poetry copywork sessions to be. :D It steadily leads kiddos to write a bit more as the year progresses, shrinks the lines they write on (so shrinking their writing size), and eventually gets them writing the whole poem on notebook sized lines (making the transition to writing on paper in the next guide seamless). :D

Copy the Classics is a terrific tool to prepare kiddos for the writing coming in Bigger Hearts! :D

You made my day! Thanks for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie