Apologia elementary texts

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mgs

Apologia elementary texts

Post by Mgs » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:49 pm

Are there any others used currently or in the past besides land animals and astronomy? I am selling/ donating everything I can to simplify… I usually buy HoD used, so I could hold onto any that were used previously if needed.

christianmom

Re: Apologia elementary texts

Post by christianmom » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:29 am

I think I understand your question, and the answer would be no. Her science sequence is unchanged regarding the Apologia books.

christianmom

Post by christianmom » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:12 am

Out of curiosity, I looked at each year.

She only uses Land Animals and Astronomy for elementary Apologia which was true 10 years ago so it is unchanged.

The science books for Bigger thru MTMM are exactly the same as 10 years ago. The High School science books are exactly the same as when they were first written and released more recently.

LHFHG and Beyond have some book changes for the science.

I hope that helps!

Mgs

Post by Mgs » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:16 am

Can you tell me what the original science for LHFHG and Beyond were? Those are the only two I am not a fan of. Maybe I’d like their old.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:48 pm

LHFHG and Beyond have always used the same science texts. The science texts themselves have just been updated.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

christianmom

Post by christianmom » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:33 pm

Yes, the science texts have been updated. Beyond is the same!

When I did LHFHG the first time years ago it had a second option for first grade science that has also been updated, but it is no longer used by HOD. It is the one with the lion on the cover - Our Father’s World by Christian Liberty Press (new edition has something new on the cover).

Mgs, I’m doing LHFHG a second time right now, and the science book in the current program was the K option years ago; it is very similar to the first grade option (Our Father’s World science) that I used the first time. I don’t know if you’d like the one I used the first time any better or not; they are both Christian Liberty Press and very similar.