Sneak Peek: Paint Like a Poet for Creation to Christ

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RookieAce

Sneak Peek: Paint Like a Poet for Creation to Christ

Post by RookieAce » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:52 pm

New product coming soon!

Paint like a Poet combines poetry and painting for a one-of-a-kind approach to watercolor painting! Designed to accompany the “Poetry” plans in Creation to Christ, this notebook provides a host of easy-to-follow watercolor tutorials inspired by scenic poetry. Each painting lesson introduces a new poem, with highlighted text to show which lines to use for copywork. Then, a step-by-step watercolor tutorial helps students turn the poem into a vivid painting! The poetry study in Creation to Christ centers around the descriptive works of Robert Frost, a poet famous for bringing the New England countryside to life. Paint like a Poet rounds out this poetry study with a flourish, helping students craft a unique collection of paintings to visualize each poem!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Peek: Paint Like a Poet for Creation to Christ

Post by Carrie » Mon May 01, 2023 5:32 pm

Ladies,

We pray you will enjoy this product as much as we did creating it! :D Our son, Shaw, did the step-by-step watercolor tutorials. It turned out to be quite the project! Yet, we know Paint Like a Poet will make the painting lessons in CTC much more visual and easier for kiddos to do. We are so excited to bring this product to you!

Blessings,
Carrie

Jaimejac

Post by Jaimejac » Tue May 02, 2023 10:58 am

Wow! Fun! My daughter is in CTC now and using the tutorials that another HOD mom did several years ago that are posted on the message board. The poetry and painting is her favorite part of CTC. I'm glad I still have two more kiddos to go through CTC in upcoming years so we will have the opportunity to use this new product then! Although, come to think of it, we aren't going to finish CTC before we take a summer break, so my daughter may be able to use it when we restart CTC in the fall!

Blessings,
Jaime
Christ Alone Homeschool
DD10 - Res to Ref
DS7 - Bigger
DS6- Little Hearts
4 babies in heaven

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri May 19, 2023 8:11 pm

Jaime,

How fun! :D I know I would have appreciated having this notebook for my kiddos when they were doing CTC! :D Our second oldest son Shaw did all the painting and photography for the notebooks and put them together. He is an amazing graphic designer!

He is doing our new notebook covers along with our other graphic designer, Merlin, who has done all our past notebooks. They make a terrific team. Thanks for sharing your excitement. :D

Blessings,
Carrie