New Products Coming...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
RookieAce

Re: New Products Coming...

Post by RookieAce » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:17 am

Revival to Revolution Inventor Study

Meet some of history’s most innovative minds in our newly-renovated inventor study! This study for Revival to Revolution integrates interesting readings with exciting visual entries to help students discover inventors who changed the world. As students delve into these scientific biographies, they will discover the inspiration and ideas behind each invention. Our companion full-color Collector’s Gallery of Innovation provides a brand-new way for students to interact with their reading. It will be available for preorder during our Spring Sale. We can’t wait for you to see what we’ve been creating!

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 am

Visual History Set for Little Hearts for His Glory

Picture the past with our new Little Hearts for His Glory “Visual History” set! Designed to round out the history study in Little Hearts for His Glory, this collection of 30 engaging books provides a gorgeous visualization of the people, places, and events students are learning about in history. Explore the Garden of Eden, watch over baby Moses in the Nile, witness Jericho’s fall, share in the first Christmas, spread the gospel with the apostles, preach reform with Luther, guide Lewis and Clark with Sacajawea, change farming with George Washington Carver, illuminate the world with Edison, and create America’s first parks with Teddy Roosevelt - all just a sampling of what awaits you! By bringing history vividly to life, this set makes an excellent addition to Little Hearts for His Glory. This set will be scheduled in the new edition of Little Hearts for His Glory.

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:21 am

Revival to Revolution Composer Study

Revival to Revolution's new "Composer Study" provides an unforgettable look at the legacy of classical music, and hymns, inviting students to discover what makes each period of music unique. As students journey through time, they will listen to enduring music, learn about the instruments, and study famous composers to see what makes their work so timeless. The unique combination of resources in our new study will help your children love music!

Along with A Young Scholar's Guide to Composers, delve into the world of classical music through The Story of Classical Music, an audio that provides a glimpse of the lives of more than 90 colorful composers, along with facts from history. Also enjoy Classical Kids' audios Mr. Bach Comes to Call, Beethoven Lives Upstairs, Mozart's Magnificent Voyage, Tchaikovsky Discovers America, and Gershwin's Magic Key. Each Classical Kids' audio is a unique combination of music, history and dramatic story-telling, designed to introduce students to composers and their music. Each story includes at least one child interacting with the composer. Last, learn about classic hymns and their writers - including Luther, Watts, Wesley, Newton, and Crosby - through Color the Classics Hymn Writers. The accompanying fully orchestrated CD is a joy to sing along with and to hear!

RookieAce

Post by RookieAce » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:24 am

Finally, we are excited to announce the return of our Spring Sale! From Thursday, March 21 to midnight Monday, March 25, you can use coupon code SPRING24 to save 10% on your entire order.

CookFamilyHomeschool

Post by CookFamilyHomeschool » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:47 pm

I was going to hop on here and ask if all these new resources meant new guide books, but I see that that question has been asked and answered already.

But I still want to say that I am so, so excited about the new additions to LHFHG! I literally just started this guide book for the forth time last week with two of my littles combined! They are especially excited about the coloring book! I am excited about all the fun new story books! I realize that we won’t have them for the next several months, but I plan to pre-order them anyway 🙂

I have a few questions about the new things for the middle school guides. My older boys with be in Rev2Rev and MTMM next fall.

I already have both the map trek CDs from R2R and Rev2Rev. It seems as if the main benefit of getting the new version is I don’t have to print it myself, is that correct? Or is there new material? Also, does this new Map Trek cover the maps for MTMM? Or do I still need to get the CD for that?

Does the new composer series still include the lap book activities? My older son is currently very much enjoying that this year?

I would be curious to know more of the reason for switching writing curriculum in the middle school guides? I also realize that these next few weeks are very busy so I understand if an answer to this question needs to wait! It doesn’t affect the guides we are using this year. We have enjoyed the old programs, but the new ones look fantastic as well.

Not entirely sure I will be updating Rev2Rev this year just for cost factor as I have all the books and consumables on my shelf waiting for my second son already. But I will likely do so for my next kiddos coming up. The updated state, inventor and music studies look like so much fun!

Thank you Carrie for all the hard work you put into these Heart of Dakota guide books and book selections. I can’t even begin to imagine the many hours you have poured into creating this wonderful curriculum. We started in 2016 with LHTH with our oldest, and we have never looked back! I can’t believe I’m now about to order his 8th grade year!

Blessings to you and your family!

Bethany Cook :)
Bethany
Married to my best friend & Mommy to 8 happy kiddos!
Caleb 13 - Rev2Rev
Walter 11.5 - Preparing with Extensions
Josiah 10 - Bigger
Johannah 8 - Bigger
Joseph 6.5 - LHFHG
Hattie 5 - LHFHG
Wyatt 3.5
John 18 months

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:05 pm

Bethany, we are so glad you are excited about all of the new and amazing resources Carrie has chosen! Her plans for them are equally wonderful - I so wish I had a little one to homeschool, so I too could enjoy the new resources and plans! She is currently hard at work writing, but I'd be happy to answer your questions...

Yes, the main benefit of getting the Map Trek Atlas (full-color, one per family) and the Map Trek Outlines (consumable - one for each child, or copyright says you can reproduce it for you family) is you don't have to print all of the maps yourself. Another benefit is you don't have to worry about the CD getting scratched/not working for some reason the next time you go to print (Carrie and I have 7 boys between us, so we've had our own share of scratched CDs). The new Map Trek Atlas and Map Trek Outlines are part of the updated RTR and RevtoRev guides' plans. They will eventually be part of the MTMM plans, but not until that guide is reprinted and our CD inventory is gone. The MTMM guide that utilizes the CDs states the name of each of the maps in the plans though, so I think it would work fine to use the new resources anyway. So, these two resources could be utilized for RTR, RevtoRev, and MTMM - and no more standing over the copier and compiling them anymore. Carrie and I decided we would have loved them!!!

The new composer study will not contain the lapbook, though I am glad to hear your son is enjoying it! Since you already own it, you certainly could have your next children use it, following the MTMM plans you already have! We enjoyed it too, but we found the lapbook very time consuming and somewhat cumbersome to put together. We heard this from a fair share of other families as well. So, we wanted the new composer study to be less prep, more independent, and truly a celebration of beautiful music!

Writing... ahhh. Carrie and I could 'write' volumes on that! :wink: For now, I will just say we felt it was time for a change. New writing resources that are excellent became available, and Carrie loved them! Families using Writing and Rhetoric in CTC (which was the first change Carrie made) loved that change. As far as MTMM, we loved the idea of a boy and a girl option, as teens tend to enjoy writing about topics they can best relate to, and boys and girls are often quite different in that regard! Also, Carrie just immediately loved Writer's Gold Mine and Writer's Roundup. Something totally new that was done well! Here is a link to another post I just made explaining the other guides' writing changes...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18291

I hope this helps answer your questions! Thank you, Bethany, for all the years you have homeschooled your kiddos with HOD! You are such a blessing to us, and we thank the Lord for His leading you to HOD!!! We have loved interacting with you and your family and consider it an honor that you have invited HOD into your home for 'school' these many years. May the Lord richly bless you and your family!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

gracefulrain

Post by gracefulrain » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

If we continue to use the older guides, will the notebook pages still work with the old guides?