Three days in and loving it!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sniz-teach

Three days in and loving it!

Post by sniz-teach » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi! I'm new here and have never been on a "board", so I'm just looking around, trying to see how everything works. I'm the mother of a 14 ds, a 11 dd and a 9 dd. I'm just starting my sixth year of homeschooling, although we sent our 14 yr old to public school this year. He will be a freshman. I had never heard of Heart of Dakota until about a month ago when my sister (who also homeschools) told me about it. I am using Bigger Hearts for his Glory for the girls, plus the extension pack for the oldest. We've only had three days of school so far, but so far, we LOVE IT!!!!! This is JUST what I've always wanted and been looking for. I think the author is truly inspired by God to help homeschooling parents. I'm serious. This is the first time in over 5 years that I'm excited about school, not stressed at all, and looking forward to every day. I hope to be able to "learn the ropes" here because my sister says this is such an encouraging and uplifting place. :-) Nice to be here!
Andrea in IN
Wilson, 14 DS in public school
Birdgirl 11 DD, Bigger w/ ext.
McGizzer 9 DD, Bigger
www.misssnizhomeschool.blogspot.com

mom2fiveboysnc

Re: Three days in and loving it!

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi I'm totally new to hsing but I just love everything I've read and seen about HOD :D My children are getting excited about it too which warms my heart and reinforces that I made the right choice for us. I'm using Bigger with extensions for a 10 yr old so maybe we can compare. Welcome :lol:
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

eazbnsmom

Post by eazbnsmom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the boards. This will be our first year of using HOD also! We haven't started yet but are very excited.
Kay in PA

Mom to dd12, dd11, ds9, ds7 & ds3 1/2

BHFHG with dss 7&9 and dd11

Teena6

Post by Teena6 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:22 pm

This is my 18th yr hs-ing but our FIRST with HOD. I am using LHFHG for our 5 & 6 yr old boys. :)

we have only finished day two.... :wink:

I am excited.... but wanting it for my almost 11 yr old :roll:

:)

Welcome
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:17 pm

:D :D Welcome, Sniz! :D :D

I'm so glad to hear that you're loving Bigger! I just started it and have to agree...it's awesome! We're 8 days in and are starting to get in a groove, well as much of a groove as we can. (August is a little crazy on our dairy farm with cutting corn silege...) But, my son loves the variety in the plans for the day, and really loves everything that's covered. I'm looking forward to a wonderful year homeschooling, too! :D You'll have to share your journey with us on the week-in-review posts. I love to read about others enjoying the same things we are (and hearing about what I have to look forward to in other programs :wink: ).

Looking forward to getting to know you better,
:D Kathleen

PS Are you Tiffini's sister? (Your post sounded like she described you. :wink: )
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Happymom

Post by Happymom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm brand new here too!! But I just wanted to say hi!!!! It's fun to have so many on the journey at the same time!!
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Amy :D

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Yep, she's Tiffini's sister! :D Hi, sis, and welcome to the boards. I know you will have a lot to offer in the way of encouragement and I'm glad that you finally got on the board to post! :wink:
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

sniz-teach

Post by sniz-teach » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:00 am

It's Sniz again. (Andrea) Thanks so much for welcoming me! Hi Sis! I've been trying to figure out how to put my name at the end of posts and all my kids ages like you all do. I've been blogging for over a year, so I can figure this out, right? Well, our first three days went GREAT! I can't get over it! My sister and I walked and talked about it Thursday night (she's ahead of me) and both of us just marvel at how well it's going and how perfect this curriculum is for our families. If you go to my homeschooling blog, I'm going to try to upload pictures of what we're doing regularly. Anyway, you all have been very welcoming and I'm looking forward to this school year and the extra encouragement of sharing experiences with others using the same thing!
Andrea in IN
Wilson, 14 DS in public school
Birdgirl 11 DD, Bigger w/ ext.
McGizzer 9 DD, Bigger
www.misssnizhomeschool.blogspot.com

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Andrea!

Welcome to HOD! How awesome to be able to do HOD with your sister! How blessed both of your families will be. I look forward to reading about your homeschooling adventures this year.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Andrea,