Beyond LHFHG Reading

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
korfro

Beyond LHFHG Reading

Post by korfro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi there! I am looking for guidance in determining what reading level my son would fall into for the 'Beyond' series. I will be going into my second year of using Heart of Dakota (and loving it!!) but for this years program I used a different reading program so now I'm not sure whether to place him in emerging or independent reader category. Can someone help me determine this?

StephanieU

Re: Beyond LHFHG Reading

Post by StephanieU » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 pm

The emerging reader books start at a late first grade and early second grade level. They progress to an early third grade level. The Level 2 Dithor books start at an early third grade level and progress to a fourth grade level.

What kind of books can your child read fluently right now?
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

korfro

Post by korfro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Ok thanks. I’m having such a hard time deciding because I really don’t know what his reading level would be considered as! He’s almost done the All About Reading level 2, where he’s reading 20-25 pages stories... not sure if that helps at all?!

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Most go from AAR 2 to the emerging readers.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

korfro

Post by korfro » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Great that helps, thank you!