U.S. History 2 Science question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
3sweeties

U.S. History 2 Science question

Post by 3sweeties » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has done the science for this guide? If so, how are you listing it on the transcript? My son will have completed all his required sciences (he did Physical Science in 8th grade), but I want him to still have a science for his senior year. Since the HOD science has 1/2 credit for astronomy and 1/2 credit for geology, would you list them separately? Have you had any colleges question that they are each a 1/2 credit? It's out of the norm, so curious as to what others have experienced. Also, about how much time does it take? Thanks for any help!
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

my3sons

Re: U.S. History 2 Science question

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi! I just listed it as 1 credit in Astronomy, Geology, and Paleontology with Lab, as the intro to the guide suggests, and it was accepted just fine! On a side note, that was Wyatt's favorite high school year of science. Hope that helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie