Sequencing MtMM and US guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
juliegmom

Sequencing MtMM and US guides

Post by juliegmom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 am

He have been using HOD for four years and love it!

I live overseas and have learned of another missionary friend here who is currently using HOD as well. I am currently using the MtMM guide for my daughter's 8th grade year and my friend is using US1 for her 9th grade son & 11th grade daughter. It is wonderful to find a treasured gem like HOD in country! My friend's son has not used any other HOD guides other than US1. Is there a way to incorporate MtMM into the high school history sequence? If my friend decided to use MtMM for high school following US1, would there be any overlap and which high school guide would you recommend skipping? Also, for transcripts purposes, what would you call or consider MtMM?

Thank you!
Julie

kidsforHim

Re: Sequencing MtMM and US guides

Post by kidsforHim » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 am

Also, for transcripts purposes, what would you call or consider MtMM? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6571 This thread may help answer some of you questions

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:18 pm

juliegmom wrote:He have been using HOD for four years and love it!

I live overseas and have learned of another missionary friend here who is currently using HOD as well. I am currently using the MtMM guide for my daughter's 8th grade year and my friend is using US1 for her 9th grade son & 11th grade daughter. It is wonderful to find a treasured gem like HOD in country! My friend's son has not used any other HOD guides other than US1. Is there a way to incorporate MtMM into the high school history sequence? If my friend decided to use MtMM for high school following US1, would there be any overlap and which high school guide would you recommend skipping? Also, for transcripts purposes, what would you call or consider MtMM?

Thank you!
Julie
Hi from one Julie to another!

We are so happy to hear you have been loving using HOD for 4 years! In speaking with Carrie, we both think your friend's son could potentially use MTMM for 10th grade as a USII history credit, though he would need to add the MTMM Extension Package. For English II credit, WWTB Vol. II is already high school credit worthy, R & S English 6 or 7 would be fine, but he would need higher level lit. If he did the USI Lit, it would be quite a drop back to do DITHOR 6/7/8, and we don't usually recommend DITHOR 6/7/8 for a 10th grader. However, if he has not had much in the way of lit, he could possibly do DITHOR 6/7/8, but it would be a stretch to make that enough. For these reasons, we'd lean toward him doing either WG or WH high school lit instead. Whichever lit he does (WG or WH), he can also do the science from that guide since he'd already have that guide, as the science in MTMM would need much added to it to make it credit worthy for a 10th grader. He could then add any electives necessary from whichever guide he used for lit/science as well (i.e. Logic half-credit, foreign language half-credit, World Religions and Cultures half-credit, Fine Arts half or full credit, etc.) . The Bible in MTMM is already a half credit, but if he'd like to earn a full credit he could easily add some of the Bible from whatever guide he got for lit/science to make it a full credit. Finally, he'd just need to choose an appropriate level of math for high school, whatever he needs next, probably Geometry. If you have any other questions, please let us know! If your friend is an active missionary who doesn't accept a salary and raises her own funds, we can apply a 10% discount to her order. Your friend can give us a call any afternoon Monday through Friday, and I can help your friend with any questions and with placing her order! You can place your order for your own son's next high school year and her order for what she needs for her son and her daughter all together to help on shipping costs, and we can give you a shipping quote once we know what you are ordering. Hope that helps!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

juliegmom

Post by juliegmom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 am

Thank you so much, Julie. I appreciate your helpful response and suggestions!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm

juliegmom wrote:Thank you so much, Julie. I appreciate your helpful response and suggestions!
You are welcome! If you have any more questions, let us know!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie