RTR - Beautiful Girlhood, etc.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommybelle

RTR - Beautiful Girlhood, etc.

Post by mommybelle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 pm

My 12 yo daughter is currently in Preparing. I need to have that dreaded birds and bees talk with her as I think I have sheltered her long enough. :oops: She is already aware of many of the changes she will experience as I have always tried to be forthcoming with those things, but not the why behind them. So I am exploring options, and I saw that HOD covers some of this in RTR with Beautiful Girlhood, From Girl to Woman and What is God’s Design for My Body.

Since she won’t be in the RTR guide for another 1.5-2.0 years, should I purchase some of these books to use now? I hate to mess up the rhythm of the guide as I see that Beautiful Girlhood is used as part of the Bible quiet time, but I don’t want her to be too mature for the books by the time she reaches the guide.

But I also want something to use now. I have explored other options, but I also love HOD’s book recommendations! Should I go ahead and order these books now or maybe order some of them? It is really hard to see what exactly these books cover without owning them, so I’d love any insight you all can provide. Thank you!
DD1 (11): PHFHG
DD2 (8): BLHFHG

DS1 (4): LHTH
http://mommybelle.blogspot.com/

StephanieU

Re: RTR - Beautiful Girlhood, etc.

Post by StephanieU » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Those books aren't actually Bible quiet time. There are two Bible boxes in the guide. One is done with the parent (the boy/girl study) and one is done independently. We are actually waiting on A Beautiful Girlhood, as my daughter was young when we started the guide. And so there is only one box per unit she isn't doing.
I don't think it would be hard to do those now if you wanted to.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

my3sons

Re: RTR - Beautiful Girlhood, etc.

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm

We have many families who purchase the boy/girl study and the RTR guide prior to RTR, especially if their children are the age of your daughter. I just helped a handful of ladies on the phone at HOD this week, who are using it earlier than when they will use the entire RTR guide for the very reasons you shared. Your 12 yo dd sounds ready for the RTR study, and you will be relieved to have such a thorough, well-thought-out, God honoring way to discuss it with her. You can read more about the girlhood study and how Carrie planned it in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5193&p=38078

Be sure to let us know you ordered the RTR Teacher's Guide previously from us at HOD later when you order the rest of the RTR Economy Package, and we can credit back your package savings at that time after verifying previous purchase. Hope this helps, and I think you will surely enjoy this study (and take comfort in its Biblical guidance) as much as my sister/nieces did! If you have any other questions, please let us know!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie