Boy help

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MichelleIndy

Boy help

Post by MichelleIndy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm

Ladies I am in need of some advice. My 9 year old son is doing Preparing for 3rd grade and loving it. The other day he came up to me and said "Mom what does having sex mean?" Jaw drops....where did you hear that? (I was fully expecting to hear from the neighbors, or YouTube, or some other place). However, due to his love of reading he has been reading the Bible from the beginning voluntarily. He got to the story of Joseph when Potiphar's wife tempts him. So of all places to hear about sex he learns it from the Bible. His dad and I did what we could to have a talk with him and give him some basics. Here is my question...in HOD I don't see much mention of boyhood and manhood books until RTR, which is two more levels up. Does anyone have any good resources for the in-between time...as his natural curiosity is there and I want to teach him in a healthy way about identity and sexuality in a way that helps them to see God's beauty and majesty in the plan. Those who have gone through these awkward conversations too that can give me some advice as to how to not tell too much, but also give them what they need in a vastly different world than when I was growing up!! Thank you for understanding!!
Michelle

crlacey

Re: Boy help

Post by crlacey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 am

Have you tried the series God's Design? It may be what you're looking for as it has different levels to pick from.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

my3sons

Re: Boy help

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:10 pm

I enjoyed visiting with you on the phone the other day, and I hope you have some general ideas about how to discuss this with your son going forward, as well as some more specific ideas for his upcoming year with HOD! :D Otherwise, for your question here, in visiting with Carrie, she suggested you just go ahead and go through "From Boy to Man" and "What is God's design for my body?" if you are wanting that kind of discussion now. They are Christian, straight-forward, and the best resources she knows of to discuss the Biblical consummation of marriage. Here is a link to order them if you would like...

https://www.heartofdakota.com/rtr_heart ... hp#boy-man

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie