Shout Out to HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommybelle

Shout Out to HOD

Post by mommybelle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:26 pm

I just wanted to share this story as it shows how well Carrie incorporates the activities to help kids make those everlasting connections. My daughter attended Sunday School this morning with the youth group which included 6th-12th graders. She is in 6th grade. They had a special trivia day. Her youth director this evening said that her group knew just about all of the answers, so he asked who in the group was really the one who knew the answers because he was surprised that one group was doing so well. They all pointed at my daughter. He told me he was very impressed with the Bible knowledge she knew. She told me, "Mommy, I knew the answers because of all of the activities we did with school." And this was years ago with LHTH and LHFHG (and probably BLHFHG too). She actually told me that all of her peers said, "How do you know all of this stuff?" She said that she secretly was thinking the questions were really easy, but she didn't want to say that as she didn't want to offend anyone. I know she would not remember this stuff if it had not been for HOD! I am so thankful for this wonderful curriculum, and it is through these experiences that I realize I need to continue to press on with her homeschooling (with HOD, of course) and not lose heart on those rough days! Thank you HOD for paving the way for so many children to truly know and love God's Word so they can share it with others one day! The HOD team is a wonderful example of using one's gifts to glorify God!
DD1 (11): PHFHG
DD2 (8): BLHFHG

DS1 (4): LHTH
http://mommybelle.blogspot.com/

SetApartForHisGlory

Re: Shout Out to HOD

Post by SetApartForHisGlory » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 pm

Very cool! Thanks for sharing :D
Andrea (35) ~ God's Hand in Life's Little Moments
Daria (16) ~ World History
Cooper (1) ~ Preparing Hearts for His Glory
Stacia (8) ~ Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Shout Out to HOD

Post by Carrie » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this story about your daughter with us! You filled my heart to overflowing today. :D

You are doing a wonderful job of instilling God's Word in your daughter's heart! :D This is a tremendous blessing from your diligence as a homeschool mom. I'm so proud of your daughter too. May the Lord continue to richly bless your homeschool journey. :D

Blessings,
Carrie