DITHOR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MichelleIndy

DITHOR

Post by MichelleIndy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:02 pm

So next week my son will be finishing up his realistic fiction project and presenting it. Then, I will only have two weeks left of the Bigger manual. So, does that mean I do nothing for DITHOR for the last two weeks? Read the folk tale books for fun? I am just trying to figure out those last two weeks and how I could fit folk tales into that time slot? Thanks! This is our first time with Drawn and we love it. My son has done wonderfully with the projects and we look forward to using it in the future!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: DITHOR

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello!

How exciting that you are close to finishing Bigger Hearts! I am so glad that you have gotten a chance to use and enjoy DITHR too. Since you are only two weeks away from being done with Bigger, I can see a couple of options working for DITHR.

One option would be to set aside the folk tale unit to start when you begin Preparing instead. If you chose to do this, then DITHR would just drop out for the final two weeks of the Bigger Hearts guide. :D

A second option, if you feel your child may outgrow the folk tale books as a reader before you begin Preparing Hearts, would be to read the folk tale books while you finish Bigger Hearts (but not do the DITHR unit). If you chose this option, your child would finish reading the Folk Tale books over the break before you begin Preparing. Then, when you do Preparing you would move onto the next book set and get to do the folk tale unit from DITHR along with the new folk tale books in the next book set. :D

Either option would work! Happy reading! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

MichelleIndy

Re: DITHOR

Post by MichelleIndy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Thank you Carrie! I think we will enjoy some cuddle time and just read those books together the last two weeks and start Preparing Drawn Into Heart of Reading with folk tales too. Best of both worlds and we can enjoy those great books!