Grading in WG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jacynamommy

Grading in WG

Post by jacynamommy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:53 am

I'm probably over-thinking grading, but considering this is our first year of regularly grading things (my son is in 9th grade), I want to make sure I do it right for record-keeping and transcripts. I do have the WG guide, and I have looked over the grading part. I am still a bit confused, as far as overhwelmed. I see that certain parts of certain subjects get say 25% of the grade for that subject, and others get 10%, etc. To me it all seems kind of confusing and like a whole lot of work! :oops: Did any of you do anything special to make it easier to track? Also, I will basically be grading every assignment he does? Thanks for your help...I'm sure it's much simpler than I'm making it up in my mind to be!
Meredith

Trusting in Him to supply all my needs! Phil. 4:19
Mommy to:
Quinter 15 WG
Gabry 13 WG
Ainsley 12 Res to Ref
Bryn 9 Preparing
Silas 6 Beyond

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Grading in WG

Post by Carrie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Meredith,

These past threads may be of help to you. I answer questions about grading in World Geography specifically in the first thread! :D Just make sure to read all three pages of the first thread as the discussion is helpful all the way throughout the thread! The other two threads linked below are good helps too!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15348

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17171&p=119629

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16837&p=118067

Blessings,
Carrie

jacynamommy

Re: Grading in WG

Post by jacynamommy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:31 pm

This was super helpful, thank you so much Carrie!
Meredith

Trusting in Him to supply all my needs! Phil. 4:19
Mommy to:
Quinter 15 WG
Gabry 13 WG
Ainsley 12 Res to Ref
Bryn 9 Preparing
Silas 6 Beyond