Economics in MTMM

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).

Economics in MTMM

Postby rumkimom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:31 am

We will be doing the economics in MTMM this fall....I will be adding it to R2R (we are at unit 21). I plan to do it 2 days a week and add on to it for my 17 year old daughter. What books do we need to do it. From what I could tell I need the guide, Whatever happened to Penny Candy?, and Common Sense Business for Kids. Do I also need the student notebook? When I was reading though unit 1 (posted online) it said something about writing in the student notebooks. We plan to start MTMM in Dec or so, so getting the Student notebook is not a problem (by this time we should be almost done with the economics as MTMM does it once a week instead of twice). Anything else we need to get? I plan on also getting the Money Wise DVD and Life of Fred: Financial Choices. My daughter is at a Jr high reading/comprehension level so the books used in US History II are too difficult for her to understand. I hope to do the Finance course in US History II in about 2 years when she is older and understands better. NY requires 1/2 credit in economics.
----
Wendy C.
DH-Owen
Emily (19 - graduatated from UCC spring 2018, Fashion Design Program)
Melody (17 - Rev 2 Rev-unit 21, IEW for writing, grammar, completed math)
Steven (12 - CTC, IEW for writing, grammar, spelling, TT Math)
Clarence (10 - PS)
rumkimom

Re: Economics in MTMM

Postby Robbi » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am

The only thing they write in the student notebooks is in separate economics pages (not tied to the unit) so you could easily just write in a separate notebook. It is listing the economic principle that was discussed.
Robbi
DD '04 MTMM almost done!
DS '07 RTR
DS '12 LHFHG
DS '14 Tagging along
We've used all the guides up to MTMM!!!
Robbi

Return to Main Board