Preparing timeline

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Love2Learn

Preparing timeline

Post by Love2Learn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 pm

I am curious to see if any of you are doing a timeline differently than what is suggested in the TM? Please share your ideas...what is your favorite way to create and display a timeline? I do love the children creating their own pictures for cards, really personalizes and I would imagine helps with memory.
Blessings,
Jennifer

SouthernMrs

Re: Preparing timeline

Post by SouthernMrs » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi Jennifer,
We're doing something a bit differently than what is suggested in the Preparing manual for our timeline. Last year when we began Bigger, I bought a blank timeline book from Miller Pads and Paper for my dd to use <see link here> http://www.millerpadsandpaper.com/SearchResults.aspx?

I plan to purchase one per child, so we've decided to just continue to add to it this year (and each year). I do use some preprinted timeline figures and sometimes my dd draws her own on a small rectangle piece of cardstock and we glue them in. We have also bought those little blank people figures (I think they are cut out by one of those cricut machines) and my dd embellishes them for her timeline book. She especially loves to do that, but when time is running short, the preprinted version work too.

I'd be glad to share pics if I knew how. :?:
Hope you get some other ideas too.
Charlene
10yo dd Preparing
7yo ds Beyond
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

Mamakarla

Post by Mamakarla » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:45 am

I have been looking for a timeline and these from Millers look pretty good....I was wondering what the paper weight is on them? It doesn't say in the description....are they regular paperweight, or are they heavier cardstock? If they are paperweight, have you had any trouble with them holding up with everything being put on them???

Thanks!

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 pm

The weight of the paper in the timeline book is cardstock weight. It held up fine last year with our once weekly use, so we'll see how it does over several years.
Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007