Confused where to place my kids

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hakenkamp009

Confused where to place my kids

Post by hakenkamp009 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 am

Hello! I am new to HOD and am excited to try it. I am a little confused on where to place my kids. I have 5 school age kids...(ages 5, 7, 9, 11, and 12). I originally thought of putting the 7 and 9 year old together and the 11 and 12 year old together, but then am wondering what to do next year if I start now. This summer the 7 and 9 year old will be 8 and 10 and my 5 year old will be 6. Any thoughts? Is it better to finish what we currently have and start in August or switch now?

StephanieU

Re: Confused where to place my kids

Post by StephanieU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Have you looked at the placement chart to see where each child places?
https://www.heartofdakota.com/placing-your-child.php
My older two start guides at the beginning of summer (we do very slow some school as time allows). But my second starts guides in January. Some start guides in the fall (late September/October). Some start in February or March.. There isn't a best time to start.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)