WH "You are There!" And DITHOR

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
chillin'inandover

WH "You are There!" And DITHOR

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 am

Carrie,
Thank you for the excellent resource in WH, "You are There!". Our whole family has been listening to this radio drama. I love the skills that this resource is teaching. Also, my dd was inspired by "You are There!" to complete a radio drama for her final 6/7/8 DITHOR mystery project. This radio drama is a special keepsake. If I can figure out how to share the radio drama I will. :oops: DITHOR has held a special place in our hearts since we started using it in 2003. DITHOR has helped this nerdy teacher use fun projects like a radio drama to fill our days with meaningful fun activities. I like the fact that although my 2 children are in separate guides we can still come together to do these special projects as our time in DITHOR is winding down. Thank you HOD!
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 29 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 28 Master in TESL, Lead ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: WH "You are There!" And DITHOR

Post by Carrie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Tammy,

I am thrilled that you are enjoying "You Are There!" What a neat connection for your daughter to do a radio drama for her DITHR project. She sounds very creative. :D

DITHR has a special place in our hearts too, with many memories of wonderful books and interesting projects. Even though my boys aren't always so artistic, and some of mine are more creative than others, they do remember the books they use for their DITHR projects for many years to come. :D

Even our oldest son who is approaching the age of 22 can recall projects he did for DITHR when he was in the third grade!!

Blessings,
Carrie