Little Hearts Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ekfleet

Little Hearts Question

Post by ekfleet » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

Good Morning,

Before I get too far into the year I wanted to ask a question about how I am doing Little Hearts and Beyond Little Hearts and see if you all had any feedback for me -

I have a 8 year old in Beyond. She completed Little Hearts last year as written for 1st. (We did slow down a little in Singapore)
Her little sister (5 year old, almost 6) participated in the Learning through History side of the manual and I had her doing some Rod and Staff workbooks.

This year because she is very bright and comprehends very well- I have her doing the Learning through History with us in Beyond and then Learning the Basics in Little Hearts. Basically, we do all of left side of Beyond together and then I split the girls to do their skill level activities for each guide for the right side.

Is this ok to do? Should I anticipate any issues going forward if I keep doing this with them? Thank y'all!

StephanieU

Re: Little Hearts Question

Post by StephanieU » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

You may start running into issues in the next few years if you continue to combine. In Bigger, there is notebooking that might be too much for a child not yet in the age range. In Preparing, two boxes are independent -science and some of the history. Unless your younger one is a strong reader and willing to be independent, you will have issues...
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

Nealewill

Re: Little Hearts Question

Post by Nealewill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:10 am

One thing you could try to do also is to wait to start Bigger until your youngest is in the age range. That way you can then keep them together. I have my two youngest learning together and it is wonderful!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM